42. Last chance to break the ice

Puck world was still in progress of rebuilding itself.

The mighty ducks were celebrated like heroes and the day of their return was turned into a special day for all ducks on the planet. Although they should feel proud for what they done, somehow it felt odd. It took them some time to get adjusted to their old lives. The mighty ducks have all gone their separate ways. Wild wing and Canard went back to college and Dive into his old school. Mallory entered the Special Forces again and Tanya returned to her old garage, designing new things for Puck world. Even Duke took over his old habits to steal things again, being the thief that everyone knew around town. Grin gave his old master a visit, only to get several pencils thrown at him. He sure wanted some letters from his students, but no one ever thought of that. Weeks went by ad it felt like the trip to earth had never happened.

Going back to his studies was hard for Wild wing.

The back pack he had from earth was still lying in the corner of the room, unopened and forgotten. Dive didn't have it any easier. Being the clown of the class has changed, becoming more the outcast of the group. His jokes didn't seem to match with the ones ducks tell around. Mallory was no longer the specialist of weapons and combat, replaced by another female duck and commander of the team. Tanya lost her motivation in time, not receiving the right input and stuff needed for her inventions. She sighted loud, looking at the clock, "Right now, I would be in Lectricland." Grin couldn't mediate as well as on earth, "The crystals aren't filled with positive energy like on earth." Such shops don't exist on Puck world. Normally, if he wasn't able to meditate, he went out with Dive to Burger blast and just talk about random stuff they saw on TV. Even the former jewel thief was not feeling the right amount of excitement at his job. It was just too easy to steal and no one there to stop him. He began to miss the time where he used his skills for the good side, "This is getting boring."

On earth, the news was spread all around the world.

The mighty ducks are gone, where did they go? Just a handful knew the answer to that, but the rest of society started to guess around. Form things that could make sense till outrageous speculations. Buzz came around to Stanley's place to see me, "Did you hear the news?"

"More than a dozen times...it is sickening."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, "Despite being dumped...peachy!"

It may need a lot longer till I decided to date someone else. Stanley had a crush on me form the first day he met me, but was too shy to ask. Buzz didn't want me to hate the goalie, "I am sure he had his reason not to tell you."

"I thought we could have talked to another about anything, he promised me."

Back in Puck world, the situation just didn't get any better.

The mighty ducks are all feeling incomplete in their daily lives. Canard was the only one capable to adjust to his surroundings, since he didn't live long enough on earth. It all escalated as Wild wing's parents tired to get him to join a dating side. The goalie was not interested in any female ducks, not matter how hot they were. It was no surprise that the entire team came together in an alley, talking about their current situations. They all were glad that Puck world was at peace, but there was nothing that held them here anymore. Nosedive whined out, that he wants the mighty ducks back, fighting of the idiots of Anaheim and be the hero everyone loves. Duke agreed on that, wanting to be the good guy again. Mallory and Tanya joined them on that. Grin nodded too, "My aura finds no peace on this planet." Wild wing looked at them all with the same sad expression, "We should have never come back here." But it was too late for them. The Aerowing was taken by the Special Forces and under lock and key. Depressed the goalie went back home with his baby brother. Feeling really down, he went through the unopened back pack. Everything he saw was the things he put inside...all except one. Curious, he inspected the device, "A walkie-talkie?" To see if it works, Wild wing have it a try, pressing the button, "Hello?"

You can imagine how scared I was, as something from my bookshelf began to greet me. I feel out of my bed, thinking that I gone mad. That was wild wing's voice, I was sure.

"Helllooooo"

Again!

Going through my shelves, I found the device. I gasped, knowing what it is for. With trembling hands, I answered back, "...Wild wing?"

He just had the same reaction, dropping the walkie-talkie in shock. The goalie was overwhelmed to hear my voce, "Yes it is me...how are you?"

"Seriously? You have to ask me that after what you done?!"

"I didn't mean to hurt you; it was a decision we all had to make together. Believe me, I really wanted to stay."

He heard how I began to sob, "Like it would make a change now. DO you really think you can just come back here?!"

That got the goalie thinking, "Actually...it could work...with your help."

"..."

Wild wing swallowed hard, "That is...if you want to."

The next reply was uncalled for, "...get your ass back here....you idiot!" This couldn't be any clearer than this. On the same night, he assembled the rest of the team. Before he met up with them, he went to Canards home, placing the walkie-talkie at the doorstep with a note that he is sorry. With Tanya and Duke, they are able to steal the Aerowing in a matter of minutes. Wild wing and I discussed the last details, involving Stanley and Buzz. We also had to break into the raptor to activate the portal.

The ducks left all their belonging in Puck world, just getting back as soon as possible. Dive knew where to get his comics again and Grin felt instantly better once they reached Anaheim, "home sweet home." They didn't have to wait long; till we arrived at the park they landed the plane. It was a sweet welcome. I ran straight into Wild wing's arms, not letting him go for a second. The rest of the team greeted the boys in the mean time. The goalie received a huge slap across his face, for all the pain he caused me...right after, I kissed him like there was no tomorrow, for Duke the moment to block the view, "Okay guys there is nothing to see here. How about we celebrate our reunion at Burger blast?"

Dive was all ears on that one, "I'll have the triple burger with extra cheese!"

Before they left, I broke the kiss, "Wait guys." All now staring at me, I smiled, "You seem to forget someone important."

With that, I meant Phil.

This poor guy couldn't find a replacement, sticking his nose into bottles ever since that day. The manager was really relieved, as they all stood in front of him, just like they met for the first time. Wild wing grinned wide at Phil, "I heard you need a new hockey team."

The manager was close to tears, "I missed you guys!!!!!"

Since that day on, Wild wing and I have never separated from another. He even proposed to me a year later, making it the biggest event of the Century. With the help of the ducks, I could keep my promise to the Czarks, collecting data of the human intelligence through the last two years. With that all done, we could finally look forward into the future. Wild wing never felt as happy as now, stroking my belly, "I wonder what it will be?"

"A baby"

"I know that...but what kind? A girl or boy, a duck or human?"

I grabbed his hands tenderly, "A child that may break the ice between ducks and humans."

Who knows if I was be right or not, only the future can show us.