Part 61

Hello Beautiful People..!!

Braces Update..!!
I broke two of my brackets and surprisingly, they didn't pain at all..!!
Apparently, the adhesive came off when I was having food..¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠☯⁠෴⁠☯⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Anyways, here's your update.. :)

.

.

.

.

The party was going on in full swing as they entered the arena. Manyata was standing with some aunties listening to their sweet and romantic first Karwa Chauth stories, Unnati was with her circle of friends, catching up. Jay was with Rajmata, talking to an entrepreneur. 

Uday and Vj meet some of their business associates when Brijraj and Giriraj join them.

A few minutes later, the ladies start with the ritual, sitting in a round circle at the altar. The narration of the myth starts as the ladies pass their plates to each other, the newly weds, middle aged, old ladies, you name it, you find the category.

The ladies prepare their pooja thali which contains a jug of water, three types of sweets, betel nuts with three betel leaves, tumeric, kumkum, paste of sandalwood, grains of rice, a sieve and a small diya.

The terrace of Jaigarh Mahal was lavishly decorated with lots of makeshift beds, loveseats and sofas. One corner of the terrace was arranged for serving dinner to the guests.

Soon, the moon was visible and the ladies, who were chatting with others, were ready to complete the ritual and break their fast.

As the saying goes on, 'Perfect things do not tend to exist' amidst the positivity, there was one such person, pretending to be a server from the team of Jaigarh's event management department.

The server, Mani, who was under the duty to serve the drinks was hiding a syringe which was supposed to end the existence of Rajmata Mrinalini Devi.

The husbands stand in front of their respective wives as the latter start the ritual before the naughty crescent goes away, shying behind the clouds.

Uday and Manyata stand in one corner of the crowd with their respective parents as they start to instruct them.

Niharika: Manyata beta, aap Uday ki aarthi utariye. (Manyata does as instructed and watches her parents doing the same.)

Uday smiles at her as she looks lost at Niharika.

Niharika: Ab aap unhe tilak kijiye aur phir chaand ko iss charni se dekhna hoga  (Manyata positions the charni) yahan diya rakhiye. (She positions the diya in its place) Now pour the water. Uday beta, aap unhe pani pilayiye.

They follow the instructions while Rajmata watches them, sitting on a sofa surrounded by all the youngsters taking their pictures.

Komal: Uday beta, ab aap unhe sweet khilayiye aur unka vrat todiye. (Uday does as instructed)

The whole time, the server, Mani was trying hard to reach Rajmata but in vain as she was always by someone or other.

As the elder couples go aside, Manyata swiftly passes a bottle of water to Uday.

Manyata: Aap ko bhi apna fast todna hoga na. (Uday drinks half a bottle of water)

Uday: Aap ko bhook nahi lagi hai, princess?

Manyata: Not really. Aisa lag raha hai jaise ki mera pet uss sweet se hi bhar gaya tha.

Giriraj: Uday beta (Manyata smiles at him as Uday turns to his father) ab aap ko Manyata ke liye koi achcha sa gift dena hoga.