Chapter 18

Dan's POV + All My Heart - Sleeping With Sirens

It's been a week since the dinner with my family and it went incredibly well. There was only a few downsides, I had to restrict myself from pouncing on Phil. He looks so good in button ups! I can't be blamed for thinking that, we all know that he is attractive.

The other negative outcome was my depression. Not only had my parents mentioned seeing my video, they also told me that Adrian has been diagnosed with depression as well. I cried. Adrian is my little brother, my baby brother. All I want to do is make him happy, but I didn't. Also, the fact that we just lost a few friends isn't a good thing. So all of that news, plus the thought of Phil's parents hating him and me, has made me have the first depression spike I've had since Vidcon.

This has been one of the worst ones ever. I only leave my room to get food or go to the bathroom. Phil doesn't know what's wrong, all he knows is that I feel lonely. I've been too afraid to tell him the reasons why. I don't want him to yell at me, or leave me. Tears are constantly pouring down my face as I slowly get pulled back into the dark enveloping of sadness that I had become too familiar with.

Phil is supportive, even though he doesn't know what is wrong. He is too good to me, I don't deserve him. If I feel especially down one day, he'll bring me food, and he'll cancel all plans he had to stay and have a movie day with me. Today is one of those days.

"Dan, you have to leave your bed at some point." He sounds hesitant, seeing as he doesn't want to start an argument and neither do I.

"No, I don't." I whine, pulling a pillow across my face to shield my eyes from the light Phil has just turned on. He sighs loudly before coming to a compromise with me.

"Just come to the lounge with me? I want to show you something." I roll my eyes, but stand up off of my bed. Before I can exit my room, he stands in the doorway.

"I thought we were going into the lounge." I say with a very annoyed tone. A look of hurt flashes across his face. I sigh before putting both my hands on his cheeks and pulling his face towards me. Our lips meet in a needy kiss. His hands wrap around my waist and he picks me up. My legs wrap around his hips and he pulls away, not setting me down.

"So I know you've hit a little bit of a low recently, so I thought I'd get you something to cheer you up!" He smiles brightly before leaning over and placing a kiss on my nose. I laugh lightly as he carries me into the other room. While he walks nuzzle his neck with my nose and place a gentle kiss right below his ear. We enter the living room where he sets me down and quickly puts his hands over my eyes.

"Phil, what're you doing?" I ask him, suddenly concerned of his intentions. I know he would never physically hurt me, but with Phil, you never know what could be laying in the middle of your living room.

"Ready?" He questions, jumping around like a little kid. He counts down from 5 before removing his hands and letting my eyes set on what he has gifted me with. It's a puppy. A little German Shepard puppy sits in front of me, head tilted slightly to the side. It's ears are crooked in confusion. I gasp before dropping to my knees and pulling it into my lap.

"Oh my gosh, Phil! Is it a boy or girl?" I ask while pulling on his hand, signalling for him to sit down next to me.

"She's a girl. I was looking through the pet shop when her brown eyes reminded me of you, dark and mysterious, yet oddly beautiful." A blush rises to my cheeks as I lean over to place a kiss to Phil's mouth. He's so considerate, and beautiful, and perfect, and wonderful, and the list goes on.

"I love you so much. Wait, does she have a name?" MY excitement overtakes me and my depression is long forgotten, as I sit in the happiest of moments with my perfect boyfriend.

"She doesn't have a name yet, I thought I should leave that part to you." My eyes widen as the new responsibility is placed on my shoulders. I have to choose the perfect name, or else everything will be ruined! Okay, it may not seem like that big of a deal to anyone besides me, but I can't mess this up for my new baby girl.I ponder alone in my thoughts as the puppy bites lightly on my hand. It takes several minutes before I come up with a suitable name.

"Greta." I decided. A look of confusion crosses Phil's face before a look of liking takes over his features.

"Greta." He agrees with me. For the rest of the day, we sit and play with Greta. We taught her to recognize her name and to sit. She is very obedient, which is a good thing. Later on, Phil remembers that we share our entire lives on the internet.

"Hey Dan, how are we going to tell the Phandom about her?" He motions to the puppy that is, once again, biting my fingers.

"Well, maybe since I'm getting better, we can film a video of her and upload it to danisnotonfire?" I think I'm well enough to be back on the internet, at least I hope I'm well enough.

"That's an amazing idea! And maybe before we post it we can take a picture of her and post it on twitter or instagram!" I can see the gears grinding in his brain. His creativity flows from his mind out of his mouth with ease. If I had been thinking like that, I would have stuttered and paused and jumbled my words.

Eventually, we settle on the idea of taking the picture like we are just playing with her. I'm really happy with how the picture turns out. It is me with Greta sat on my lap, biting my hand. I have my head thrown back in laughter as Phil has his arms wrapped around my torso and his chin rested on my shoulder. We both upload the picture, mine to twitter, his to instagram. Before we can read any comments, we get out the camera to start recording Greta for my video. We get clips of her generally just playing with toys, and videos of her doing the tricks we taught her. I edit it quickly and upload it to my channel. I turn to Phil who is now laying next to me in my bed. It seems as though we can never be separated.

"Phil, thank you so much. You always know exactly what I need and when I need it. I love you so much, angel." He smiles at my little speech before leaning over me and kissing me softly on the lips. His soft mouth molds perfectly with mine in one of the most passionate lip locks we have ever had.

"Anything for you, love." His perfect words have a lasting effect as we read through the comments on the picture and the video. Some have pointed out that Phil has his arms around me, while others have focused mostly on Greta's beauty. My smile can't be wiped off of my face as we sit together and read people's spoken opinions in the comment section of my videos.

Nothing is better than laughing at people's grammatical errors on YouTube with your boyfriend.