He must really love you

(Patricks POV)

Beep....... beep...... beep

I woke up to bright fluorescent lights that literally blinded me. I squinted and blinked for a good 10 minutes before I could hold my eyes open. I looked around. I was hooked to an IV and several machines I didn't know. Needles ran through my viens in my arms and legs. The room was a pale beige and there were two uncomfortable chairs by the bed. Only one was empty.

In the scratchy chair sat Pete. He was pale, lips cracked, and his arm was limp against his side. He was up and looked at me, holding my hand. My head hurt like a mother fucker. The beeping of the heart thingy was killing me.

I moved forward a bit. I felt immediately better. But I knew I shouldn't. He kissed Brendon. He told me he'd never cheat. He said he loved me. I gave him my trust and there he was.

I wanted to pull back. I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to tell him how much he hurt me. But I couldn't. His cold hands were the only thing keeping me up. Just then the doctor came in. Pete had not said a word, and neither had I.

"Oh good! Your up. Now, Mr. Wentz, we are going to take you in." She said. Pete only nodded and gave me a glance. It was full of sorrow and exhaustion. She led him out and a couple minutes later she re entered.

"Wheeww. Finally, we can get him better. He refused to leave you. Even after he passed out, he woke in his room and busted out to come here. Has been here for those 4 days straight, no sleep. He must really love you. He kept talking to you," She was working on some machines. I took this in. Pete had stayed with me even though he was in critical condition. God he was making it so hard for me to hate him.

"Alrighty then, Im Dr. Williams." She was a skinny girl, taller than me and looked to be older that 30. "How are you feeling?"

"Dizzy." I answered weakly. "What happened to pete?"

"You don't know?" She said writing something on her notepad. I shook my head.

"Well," She took a seat next to me. "He tried to get in when you didn't answer. Probably doing that." She motioned to my arms which were heavily bruised and scared. They were covered now.

"Anyway, he got in from the kitchen window and fell. He broke his arm and had shards of glass from the oven over him. He didn't even know he broke the oven. His head was in confusion and pushed back some of the pain. He tried to get into the bathroom and he smashed his body into the door, breaking it. He had splinters everywhere. It didn't help that he fell down the stairs to get his phone."

I felt my eyes tear up. My pete. He was hurt because of me. I wasn't even sure if he was mine anymore. I wanted to hate him for what he had done but I couldn't.

"Oh darling don't go crying now." She got up and played with the machines again. "You need your rest." And with that she left me in a pool of my own guilt. I couldn't live without Pete. Obviously because I had run to the bathroom and cut myself so deep I passed out. I was so confused, so clouded to be aware that there might be a perfectly good explanation for everything. I cried. Should I hate Pete? I was so confused I didn't know what to do. I finally fell asleep to the feel of fresh tears on my hot cheeks. I didn't know what to do.