Chapter 20

Chapter 20

    Xu Nian was taken aback and straightened up quickly.

    His face was a little hot, and he was eager to explain: "I just want to see if your fever has subsided?"

    Qi Chu's Adam's apple rolled, and he said: "Miss, don't be nervous, Lu Zhi didn't mean to misunderstand anything."

    He looked calm , with a hoarse voice after burning.

    Just wake up, and Xu Nian's tense thoughts were finally able to relax.

    Let Liantang bring in the medicine, and when he turned around, he had already sat up.

    Xu Nian said: "You drink the medicine first, fortunately the injury is not deep, otherwise you will suffer."

    The wound that had already scabbed is now about to heal again.

    She felt a little uncomfortable. After all, she accidentally injured the wound at the beginning, and this time it was done to help her save people.

    When Qi Chu took the decoction, he caught sight of her preoccupied appearance from the corner of his eye

    , and said slowly, "Miss, don't blame yourself, it's because Lu Zhi was distracted at the time, and as long as the lady is fine, It doesn't matter if Lu Zhi gets hurt a little bit." The

    words were pleasant to hear, but the moment he lowered his eyes, the obedience faded away, and there was only a faint dark color in the ink-colored pupils.

    He raised his hand to see that he was about to drink the medicine, Xu Nian watched his reaction without blinking.

    Sure enough, just after taking a bite, Qi Chu froze.

    Even rarely frowned.

    Xu Nian looked at him nervously: "How is it? Is it still bitter?"

    She added a lot of caramel in it to ensure that the bitterness was covered.

    The expectant eyes of the people in front of him were shining brightly, Qi Chu stirred it twice, and he could vaguely see the unmelted caramel below.

    He was a little puzzled, "...Miss, Lu Zhi is not that hard-working."

    "But it will be much better if you add some flavor." Xu Nian didn't understand why he resisted so much, and said, "Every time I drink medicine, my mother makes it like this."

    She took it from Qi Chu and took the rest "Besides, you can eat sweets, why should you eat bitter ones?"

    She lowered her head, looking focused, and always had a slight smile on her face when talking about her family.

    Qi Chu's eyes moved.

    Xu Nian handed it to him again: "Here, try it. I will supervise you to take the medicine in the future to ensure that your medicine will be cured."

    Qi Chu raised his lips: "Miss is whatever she says, Lu Zhi listens to her in everything!"

    In front of Xu Nian, he obediently drank the medicine, the bitterness did not disappear, but was replaced by a more intense sweetness.

    It wasn't the taste Qi Chu was used to, and it was so strange that he wanted to stop it.

    Seeing him finish drinking, Xu Nian thought, no wonder he hasn't recovered a while ago. Seeing his resistance and hesitation, maybe it's because he didn't drink the medicine properly.