An Unforgivable Light

Muichiro cursed in pain.

A hitch in his throat as he flinched from the sudden hurt. Puddled amounts of blood littered the ground desperately. His thumb—the entrance to said wound, from which the glass shard once resided. He winced painfully, and held onto his thumb tightly. Pain echoed through his body as he brought the thumb to the bottom of his mouth. His tongue engulfed the rushing blood, temporarily halting the pattern.

Glass shards allowed contact onto the rim of his socks, regardless of his patient steps across the living room. He carefully grabbed broad pieces from the ground, surrounding his thumb within a home of fingers to keep the red juice from pursuing. Every sudden movement caused him a rushing pain, that flew over to his back immediately. Almost as if it were ignoring every other part of his body.

Climbing up, he rushed over to his pantry a few feet away from him. His steps, although tossy, were as fast as they could get. A longing palm, reached over for the knob of that pantry, awaiting the broom inside. However, said hand ceased in the wake of a sudden ringtone. Muichiro sighed, allowing the blood to drip onto the marble floors of his mansion. Grabbing his phone, he scanned the caller ID. Once hurting eyes, grew annoyed of the letters existing on his cellphone screen. He rolled his eyes, picking up the line, and resting onto a white stool in his kitchen.

"Yes?"

"Muichiro, where are you? The first scene of today is about to start in a few minutes," Uzui sputtered so quickly, it was only a miracle Muichiro was capable of perceiving it.

"I know—I... I know, please just, give me ten more minutes. I'm having a little bit of trouble here."

It went silent through the other end, as only faint huffs of anger could be perceived. Muichiro could only slightly translate the others annoyance through the line. The feeling rushed beneath his body as he felt a hitch sprout in his throat. He awaited the others longing answer, and held his breath for as long as it could hold. But the voice didn't come. The voice ceased for how long a few minutes could take, but it never returned. Suddenly the call was cut off, and Muichiro was left there; helpless.

Miserably, he continued to pick up each and every lingering piece from the floor.

Only a few missing fragments in his mind could remember it happening. They could remember when just the utter thought of Genya sent the calm male into a sudden rage. In anger, he squeezed the wine glass in his grasp a little too tight. Therefore, announcing the outcome of sudden happenings.

It was quick, and almost unexpected.

Muichiro was about to get ready, when he openly received a text. He rose his left eyebrow, allowing for his legs to lead him towards the phone resting on his dining table. He opened his phone to the stalling lock screen that looked back patiently. With a sigh, he glanced over at the notification, mortified to see that it was once again, Uzui Tengen.

Where're you at? It's been 10 minutes, It read.

He'd only texted this a minute after he ended the call, which confused the smaller one greatly. He would realize before he would question. His eyes glowed like stars, but only in irritation. The whole time that call had been on, another minute passed by. In which, those very same minutes belonged to the ten he betted away.

He'd been wasting time, staring at an inaudible call, and using up the minutes that he could've been using on getting ready. If it wasn't for Uzui's intolerant trickery, he wouldn't have been this tardy for such a special scene.

-

Muichiro didn't even have to enter the set to be met with the blinding glare shooting daggers into his chest. He could just sniff Genya's presence behind the door frame. It was almost choking him as he approached the set. He couldn't give himself to stop. Despite the hidden enemy through the other end, he knew he still had a mission. He couldn't let some celebrity rival stop all the progress he's made.

You'll just go in there, and make absolutely no eye contact at all, he thought to himself.

The air was tranquil as small footsteps ensued throughout the mighty building. However, Muichiro's breaths could still be heard throughout the tranquility. The voices of the several cast members chirped beneath the walls. These voices—he recognized. Only for a moment, did he feel at peace once again.

Slowly, he allowed his presence to invade the tiny cave of the set. The room suddenly felt like his own, as eyes from every direction shot towards him. He shook the sides of his jacket, letting the world cave into his head. Every voice that flew into his ear, he ignored. For he was focused on one thing, and one thing only.

His act.

He was only there to pursue it.

"Muichiro!"

He was instantly swept out of his inner thoughts, when an eager voice invaded them. His brain was once again manuevered. It was still.

The voice was instantly recognized to be Uzui. He turned around to face him, ready to take on any challenges he might face. He wanted to get this act done and over with.

However, the moment he turned around, the blood in his body ran all the way down to his toes. The air felt uncomfy once again. His stomach sunk in an unforgiving fret as waves of horror found ways into his heart. Not a limb in his body would move to the aching beat in his chest.

Yet, Uzui's smile was bright and benevolent. He was proud as he held in his hand a great threat to a thriving career. His teeth shined and buckled together, surrounding his tongue. A greeting smile, it was. He seemed almost too happy.

This was quite a shocker.

Uzui was almost never happy unless he was in the presence of one of his three wives. But as he wrapped his arms around that of Muichiro's biggest rival, his smile could've never been bigger. It wasn't in spite, no. Uzui always wished the best for the smaller one. He wouldn't.

Yes, a genuine happiness took over him. Even throughout his uncertainty, he was sure he'd find a cure to all of the drama in the industry. He was determined.

That same determination—shown in the way he walked on over in Genya's shadow and approached Muichiro. The smile never faded away.

"Muichiro, you came!" He chimed. "I'm sure you've met him before... but meet Genya, your number one partner in this very act."

The smile remained. That's when Muichiro knew he wasn't joking. Genya was truly acting in that very set.

Word Count: 1146