The Great Fall

Muichiro huffed, entering the set with courage and slight trepidation. However, he was prepared to face the elephant in the room with confidence. After all, it was the same elephant he created because of three meaningless words. Except, they meant a lot to the smaller one. He'd admitted it to Genya; now was the time to admit it to himself.

He couldn't lie about the rollercoaster of emotions he would face throughout the experience, but he was willing to find himself in it all. As long as he could get out of this with a potential reward and his life back. Then, and only then, did he promise to endure the time that still remained with Genya. It wasn't hell, was it?

"You ready, son?" Asked a heavy voice from above him.

He jolted to the sound of the sudden question, escaping his thoughts abruptly to face the culprit. There stood Uzui, a sharp grin on his face as he flexed his chest up high. His toned muscles intensified as he looked up to the ceiling with inspiration.

Muichiro cringed, walking away from his senior and over to the stage where the director sat besides in her chair. Shinobu held a nail file in her right hand, filing away at her decently small natural nails. She refused to ignore the presence of the taller one, arching an eyebrow in assurance that she'd noticed his existence.

Continuing to diminish the minimal flakes of her nails, she nonchalantly asked "So, how have things been going with your little friend?"

Muichiro furrowed his eyebrows, having a clear idea of the gentleman she was referring to. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, and placed both hands on his lower hips.

"Pfft — friend?" He mocked, staring at his director with a shrug of his shoulder. "Yeah, no. We're far from that by a mile,"

"Yet, not far enough to fuck,"

Huh?

Muichiro backed away by an inch, his eyes growing wider by each second from the sudden registration. With a smirk of faux benevolence, Shinobu put her nail file down, allowing her arms to rest onto the sides of the chair. She didn't even attempt to hide the pride she felt from the satisfying exposure.

"Two little butterflies just so happened to stop by and let me know a thing or two," She imparted.

She leisurely crossed one leg over the other, resting intertwined hands atop her lap. Just the mere sight of her lavender pupils piercing into Muichiro's soul sent a shiver down his spine. How did she get ahold of this huge privy topic he hadn't told anyone.

Anyone, except for... Mitsuri.

Oh fucking shit.

"By two little butterflies, you mean one tall bitch, correct?"

She screened her eyes, looking up at the ceiling in thought before saying, "Mmn... if we replace bitch with beautiful woman, then yeah, you'd be correct."

Muichiro exhaled all of the breath he was holding in, backing away from the presence of Shinobu before running away from the situation completely. He ran for the makeup room in the set, pushing past staff members with haste. New props went flying in the air, and written script papers plummeted to the floor. He was only lucky the cameramen had brought their ever needed grip with them.

Ignoring the sudden calamity, he continued his brisk walk towards his destination. Within a few more steps he could see it. It was right there. The door holding all of his answers. He was so ready to give Mitsuri a scolding she'd never experienced in the entirety of her 26 years. There was no sliding by this ordeal. He made a mistake by letting her know a secret so risky, and he outta confront it.

However, before the gap between him and the door could grow any closer, he was abruptly interrupted by a mild barrier. Instantly, he'd bumped into the broad figure and was stopped in his haste steps.

Scratching his head in pain in response to the inconvenient encounter, he looked up to face the cause behind it. Oh how lucky he was to be met face to face with the very issue of his entire morning. Seriously, why was he deprived of a simple break from life? Everything that surrounded him was suddenly the cause of his stress.

Except, this time, he couldn't even bother to think that as Genya pulled him up with his hands willingly. Muichiro gasped, allowing himself to be caressed by the feel of his toned hands. Each vein touched him like a blanket, engulfing his heart in full. They were lost in the sight of each other's mesmerizing eyes, entertaining the audience in the setting.

As expected of every situation that plays out like this, a slight snicker was heard from behind the crowd as Muichiro was getting pulled up. Muichiro couldn't deny the origin of the subtle sound. And as he turned around in apprehension, all of his suspicions were instantly confirmed when he met eyes with the one and only Shinobu.

She stared at him testingly, the smirk on her face remaining at the very same spot and form as it was before as if it never left.

Muichiro gulped nervously, looking away from what he thought was an utterly disgusting sight and faced Genya once again. By this time, the taller one's face was blushing red, and by noticing that, his face began to match the others gradually.

"Uhm...," He began, gently releasing himself from Genya's grasp. "Sorry, I should probably get going," He suggested, dusting off his garments with hesitation.

Heart racing, cheeks red-hot, and body tangled in a mess, he couldn't bear the embarrassment. His eyes met Genya's, and he overly wished a black hole could just appear and swallow him up.

Before hastily fleeing the scene, he briefly walked past Genya and mumbled, "Could you be any more obvious?"

Genya flinched at the question, refusing to answer it as he knew that wasn't the point. Instead, he watched as Muichiro continued to flee around the corner, never looking back once again. Regret gnawed at him as the smaller one entered the makeup room, but he couldn't muster up the courage to move. He figured he really did need to calm down his unnecessary act in public. Acts were only met for the stage.

Word Count: 1057