Lover's Playlist

Mitsuri was a beaming light of benevolence. She skipped throughout the marble textured floor, galloped around the pillars, and presented a warm-hearted greeting to all strangers passing by.

She conducted an audience surrounding the three that would presumably sprout from the positive demeanor that solely glowed from her presence. This wasn't helping the highkey fact that Muichiro and Genya hadn't stopped being well-known celebrities, and that at any minute now, they would be noticed.

That doesn't go much for saying that they hadn't already been attacked the moment they entered the store by obscene and violent flashes. Pictures were taken immediately; once retinas first spotted them. It sure was a quite expected hassle. Without their bodygaurds on them, they only had the infamous makeup artist, who didn't do much regarding the taxing situation.

Bodygaurds were always required behind their backs, or beside their person. However, when you leave your house unexpectedly without further notice towards the company you work for, who's to say a bodygaurd'll come your way.

Nobody, that is.

Hence, the reason the two could only stay put as arms and legs pushed against their paralyzed figures, and mall employees struggled to distinguish the overgrowing crowd. The two were built up on fret.

They'd already been warned earlier regarding the situation: "Please refrain from entering any public buildings without a bodyguard," journalists at the setting suggested after the Berlin Mall was shut down during one of their many tours in Germany.

That wasn't happening again.

However, Mitsuri was unaware. Her echoes and chimes filled the building as she audibly gawked at everything that impressed her.

A kid with cotton candy passed by and she 'aww'ed, a self portrait artist protested and she 'ooh'ed, a salesperson offered her a skin care sample (don't know how that works) and she almost obliged before Genya halted her as it wouldn't do anything for her already smooth face.

By this time, the corridors were crowded, and the two hadn't even entered their first shop yet. Muichiro tried his best to ignore the consistent - perverse yelling that shrouded his ears from anything else audible.

Finally, he felt at ease for once throughout this trip. Yet, it was hard to keep it that way. Muddled nothings still traveled into the narrow gaps atoms couldn't cover. Pushing and shoving still occurred throughout his still figure that reciprocated. It was getting mentally foggy, and he couldn't find the time to even breathe, let alone see.

Genya was hesitant. According to the loving experience he had with him prior to their offenses, he knew how sensitive Muichiro was to sound. He knew how much it hurt him, and how the slightest sound of a raindrop was poison to his ear drums.

The sensitivity developed from previous experiences with crowds. He's never had it until he joined the deafening industry.

Genya knew he had to do something. Something he used to always do whenever Muichiro panicked like this concerning sound. It's been a while since the last time he's done something as chivalrous and urbane.

He was willing. As long as the lingering frown on the smaller one's lips would be wiped off.

He reached into his pocket, and took a pair out.

Muichiro jolted in shock from the sudden contact of something gently occupying his ear. He felt what was to be an airpod on both sides of his face. An instant chime of his favorite music played.

Music that echoed out every other noise. Music... that only he and Genya shared a love for; it was in their lovers playlist.

He turned around, rather confused from the unexpected embrace. He felt as though maybe a fan did this. A fan who knew just everything about him, including his made private music. It couldn't have been Genya.

Perhaps, it was Mitsuri. She always knew just the thing to cheer him up whenever he was feeling down or upset. It would be reasonable.

However, as he slowly turned his head around, his retinas riveted towards the tall figure that skyed over him with a smile. Not a villainous smile this time; but rather an earnest smile of benevolence and honesty. It was a smile he hasn't seen in a while from Genya. Or at least, not directed towards him. Yet, this time it was; and it was genuine as far as he knew.

Their eyes would lock together for a long period of time. The music from the airpods clouded his brain as calming thoughts picked a portion. Genya's pupils never moved, even the slightest. Almost as if he was waiting for Muichiro to look away first.

Even as he walked, they remained where they belonged, piercing a hole in the smaller ones chest. Muichiro's breathing grew irregular as it attempted to align with his current feelings. Was he even breathing at all?

No.

Neither of them were breathing.

The two were embracing the magical sentiment of the cooling air surrounding them as their eyes refused averting. They only looked and stared... looked and-

"Eeaaah, oh my gawd, " A girl from the expanding crowd squealed before taking several pictures of the once serene moment.

Muichiro shook his head, instantly looking away and shielding the side of his face with a hand; certain with covering his identity with an almost invisible glove. An utter shearing feeling of variety occupied his brain. He couldn't register the emotion.

Was it gloom? Content? Maybe even a concealed feeling of confusion? Whatever it was, it needed to stop. Fans were taking pictures, and he didn't want any assumptions to be conducted of the moment. Especially now that his heated face was only making matters worse.

Even his breath would halt in reaction to the strict knot in his throat that wouldn't migrate no matter how much he swallowed. It was awkward now. One of the few things he swore it wouldn't be the moment he entered the building.

The music in his ears was still musicing. So, there was still a lot to distract him from squealing fans and haters nearby (or perhaps, right next to him). He was surprised they had even a small portion of respect without a bodyguard, considering the fact that none of them were shoving cameras into his face. Just nearby photo shots.

Muichiro was about to panic once again until a familiar instrumental began to play. One of his favorites. The slow acoustic guitar rung in his ears, followed along by a melodic piano that complimented the growth of the drop. It was when the first line of lyrics dropped, that Muichiro would start to hum.

The words filled his mind like rain. They would play this song on repeat whenever they were still together. It was the one memory that still kept them together in their hearts.

Overhearing the soft hums coming from the smaller one, Genya began to hum too. He instantly knew what Muichiro was humming to, and it lit a match in him. Muichiro with the airpods on, couldn't hear it, but someplace in his heart, Genya was humming alongside him.

Genya hummed in sync with him, trying to collect the lyrics within him; which wasn't grueling. After all, he still listened to this song day by day.

Their whole lovers playlist remained on his phone, prepared to be used again when they were both listening to it while slow dancing in the bedroom - like old times.

Mitsuri looked over at the two after perceiving their coincided hums. She noticed Genya looking down at the smaller boy in front of him whilst admitting a soft grin.

An odd chirp ensued from her mouth as she raised an eyebrow and trapped her mouth with a hand as if knowing more than was required to. Quickly looking away, she removed her hand to reveal an authentic smile embracing her lips.

Her work here was done.

Word Count: 1315