An Occasional Quarrel

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️: Arguing. I don't think that's a very serious trigger, but somebody once told me that some people cry when seeing people arguing, so idk🤷🏽‍♀️. Just in case ig.

-

"I call dibs on the guest bedroom!" Mitsuri shouted, making Muichiro well aware of where he would be sleeping that very night.

Possibly a couch.

"There's several," Genya responded — his legs crossed in repose on a table as he took a leisure sip of nightly red wine near the coffee table. "There's no need to call dibs."

Muichiro shrugged, biting the nail of his index finger as if deep in thought. Preferably thoughts lingering in his head regarding the prior scenes of the current day. However, his mind remained empty as Mitsuri rushed up to the second floor as if looking for the most expensive bedroom.

He looked away from the staircase, now staring at Genya who looked anywhere else but at him. His eyes traced the silence that would emit from his mouth as he pursued taking gradual sips from the wine glass. 

Although he couldn't recall when, Muichiro began to daydream, standing in the empty hallway behind the living room without thought. It was when the abrupt sound of clattering glass hitting the table suddenly began that he would jolt awake, whilst never asleep.

"You have a bad daydreaming problem," Genya addressed, gradually removing his shirt from the home of his torso. "You always have..."

Now he was standing up, and looking Muichiro directly in the face, all skin from neck to hips completely exposed.

A smirk would occupy his face as he waited patiently for a genuine response from the smaller one.

He watched as Muichiro slowly but surely enough, reacted — removing the tip of his nail from the entrance of his mouth. A trail of spit attached to his nail from his tongue like a bridge that had snapped after an inch of distance. Genya gulped in response to the rather peculiar sight, afraid that was the only way he could resist visibly biting his lip.

In fact, Muichiro would be the one to bite his lip in replacement. It was only very subtle, and for a while; like the flash of a camera. But it happened.

And boy, was Genya attracted to the sight of it. A little bit too attracted, that he figured it was the right time to speak as Muichiro goggled his hard nipples.

"Are you daydreaming again? Or just staring?" He inquired, his smirk broadening after each word he revealed from his mouth.

It took Muichiro a while to respond. A few breaths every once and awhile as he leaned up against the wall behind him. But he knew his answer as perceivable as daylight. He wasn't shy about it, or attempting to hide it, as it was very obvious from the start.

Genya's shirtless body really did something to him. In which results he never knew could exist took place. Something he owned since day one, got and received, but still yearned excessively. Something that could only be explained in simple terms.

"Both,"

And that was that. His point was established, and now he was hungry. He shrugged, pushing himself away from the slate behind him and pursued turning forth towards the kitchen in his range of sight.

Genya blinked once. Maybe twice. Possibly three times?

Point is, although he refused to admit it, even to himself, the gesture greatly confused him. Sexually confused him; but he refused to admit that as well, so his thoughts locked on mentally.

The single eye twitching on his face further ensued his self rejectability. Whether it was from annoyance or irritation it was an experience regardless.

And now that all of his blood cells traveled only one path downwards, he couldn't halt his already began progress now. He wasn't masturbating in the bathroom. He deemed it pathetic.

Suddenly, there was the sound of a noisy cabinet slamming from the kitchen.

"Why are your cabinets empty? I just wanted a midnight snack," Muichiro complained with a sigh.

He grumbled verbally, as well as his stomach, leaning down to search in the bottom cabinet. His hands scavenged around the empty spaces of his kitchen as if exploring eagerly, but to no avail.

"I just got the house, remember? Not everything is fully stocked," He explained in a tone as if it were obvious. "Plus you shouldn't be eating snacks, you're on a diet."

Muichiro halted in his actions, picking his head up slowly. He looked at Genya from an angle, making only half eye contact with him; but it was eye contact alright. It would pierce the taller one like a dagger. 

"No I'm not, " He confirmed.

"But, Shinobu-,"

"I don't listen to that bitch. She's annoying,"

"Hey now," Genya began, leaning onto the marble counter in the kitchen with an arm, while his unoccupied hand held a finger up in defense. "I don't tolerate calling women bitches,"

"And I don't care, Genya! Stop thinking with your fucking dick for once. I'm hungry, and I'm not sleeping with you," Muichiro spat out, looking away from him in anger.

It went silent for a second. A tiny moment that wouldn't last long, but meant a lot in the current situation; and possibly all future occurrences at that. The two were both aware of that very obvious fact, but refused to say anything.

However, Genya would disobey that unspoken rule, persistent to put up a fight.

"Muichiro, what the hell...," He cursed. "You know I was just joking. I always am in these situatio-,"

"Yeah, maybe, until the joke extends and we end up waking up in the same bed, clothes off and everything. That's how you took advantage of me last time!"

"Wait- what? I never took advantage of you. We both consented to that night. And if at all, I would've been the one to be considered taken advantage of. After all, you practically begged me to fuck you," He retorted, rolling his eyes in clear anger that came off as mostly annoyance.

"Pfft- hah-," Muichiro began to pace back and forth repeatedly behind the barstools, all the while keeping his distance from Genya. "That is not even half true,"

"Sure is!"

"You're such a liar. You've always been... that's just how you fucking are!" He yelled, now staring directly at him with such fury in his eyes, it could almost be seen bulging out from his retinas. "And that's why I left you!" He finally declared, before storming off and towards the grand staircase in the middle of the foyer to find an unoccupied guest bedroom and snore his problems away.

"Hah, wrong! I left you!" Genya contradicted, leaving a slight pause after each word, so that everything he said sounded like a one-word sentence.

Muichiro stopped walking — his breaths growing increasingly heavy as he felt his inner vexation sprout. He spun around so fast to face Genya that his hair swam across his body from one side to the other and slapped him right in the face, before slowly falling down to rest atop his shoulders. 

Ignoring the pain of his thick hair, he spat out any remaining strands from his mouth and declared, "It was mutual!"

Word Count: 1210