Cold Shoulders

Muichiro huffed, bringing his chin up to glance at the taller male beside him. With a subtle smile, he brought a fist up, waiting for the response of the other. Genya nodded, reciprocating the fist bump with a smile as he looked up to the 'sun'. The two stared longingly at the stars displayed on the background in their presence.

It was solely tranquil as neither of them said a word, leaning into the horizons that drew them closer. However, the calm character Muichiro played slightly twitched as a cameraman narrowed the gap within his silhouette in an attempt to carry more detail onto the screen.

"Cut!" An exasperated Shinobu yelled in annoyance. She flipped her hair, sighing into her slouch as she sunk into her director's chair.

It was no use, she thought. They weren't going to get the job done today, or any day soon.

"You all can go home. We're done for today," She said with a sigh, climbing off of her seat.

Staff members secretly applauded, excited to go home for another short day. The camera crew folded up their cameras and rolled up the green screens. Makeup artists cleaned up their products and threw them into empty containers. Volunteering helpers would clean around the set, and pick up unwanted papers lingering around.

Just as Muichiro was about to jump off the stage and run on over to his manager, he was halted by a slight tug on his arm.

Swiftly, he turned around to be met with a menacing glare from Shinobu. He instantly knew what this was going to be about, and wished to hear nothing of it. However, when Shinobu wanted to talk, she wanted to talk; and there was absolutely no way to back out of it. Slowly but surely, he came to accept that and released the tense hunch of his shoulders.

Knitting her eyebrows together, Shinobu began.

"You have to stop cringing on camera whenever you are a meter or closer to Genya," She demanded, tightening her grip on his arm. "Nobody watching wants to see that,"

Muichiro blinked, taking in Shinobu's words as if it were significant data. Just the thought of what she said had him embarrassed by the minute. He hadn't realized how obvious his facial expressions were on such grandeur cameras. It shocked him that Shinobu was even capable of perceiving them from such broad distance.

"U-uhm... sorry?"

She huffed.

"And the cameramen don't bite. So, stop dodging them as well,"

Muichiro nodded, backing away slowly from the quite unexpected situation. He finally walked over to his manager who was currently conversing with Rengoku.

The two were chatting at the coffee table while pouring sugar packets down their occupied cups of coffee. It was like a scene from a movie. Rengoku had the utmost benevolent smile planted on his lips. Uzui stared back at him with eyes of longing and care. He'd never looked at anyone that way apart from his three loving wives.

Muichiro wasn't blind.

He knew when his manager had a crush, and he would do anything of significance to be of assistance in his love life.

With an honest grin occupying his face, he trotted over to the two and wrapped his arm around Rengoku's shoulder; shocking the two. Just before he could announce something to tease the both of them, Uzui had since interrupted.

"Ah good... you've made it, Muichiro," Uzui said before taking another sip of his coffee.

"Hm?"

"Genya will need some extra hands taking packages from the front of the building. Mind helping him out?"

Muichiro raised an eyebrow in a false confusion. He didn't know how to face the situation. After all, it'd take him a while to get used to that face after what occured less than 24 hours ago. However, in order to not raise suspicion amongst the cast and crew, he obliged.

Walking over to the front, he met Genya halfway there—empty handed. The taller one was walking rather slowly to their destination. He took his steps gradually and casually as if almost waiting for someone.

The moment their shoulders brushed, Genya looked up in awe. He looked away in embarrassment from the memories he wishes he'd never recollected. He knew that if he didn't bring this up, confusion was bound to remain throughout the set. He didn't want to concern the others everytime he and Muichiro made weird and obvious faces directed towards eachother. There was only one thing left to do. He had to confront the elephant in the room.

"So-,"

"Save it," Muichiro interrupted abruptly before grabbing a box from the floor. "Just forget about it already. It was a one time thing,"

Genya shook his head and said, "Five time thing actually,"

Muichiro rolled his eyes.

"Same thing," He slurred sarcastically.

Genya picked up a box along with him, following him back to the set. There was a long rushing silence that disturbed them both. The pristine props clattering around in the boxes was the sole audible cacophony their ears would perceive. There was still so much to converse to interrupt the forbidden tranquility. The two just didn't know what.

With an exhale, Genya glanced over at Muichiro who just so happened to already be staring at him. Having made unintentional eye contact, they were both forced to look away in embarrassment.

Genya whistled, and Muichiro hummed to get rid of the awkward silence between them. However, throughout all of the melodic music, something wasn't right. Genya knew he needed to say something—anything.

"I want to stop hating you... I really do," He began, looking away from the smaller one. "Truly, we really can't keep this up forever,"

Muichiro knitted his eyebrows together, digging his nails into the cardboard box.

It didn't matter how much Genya begged. He would disagree over and over again, until the two could agree that they were over. He could never see himself dating Genya again. It was almost impossible to even attempt being friends. This was solely the farthest there relationship was deemed to explore.

However, Genya had other plans. He was eager to see the smile of his long-haired friend again whenever he was in his presence. He missed the way he spoke, and the way he laughed. He almost found it crazy how Muichiro's obsession transitioned into an utter hatred.

If he could fully figure out what he did so wrong, he swore he would attempt to fix it. Yet, at the end of the day, he could only blame the end of their relationship on Muichiro; as was the other way around. It agitated the two greatly.

"It's not happening," Muichiro confirmed, lifting his chin up to ensure confidence in what he was saying.

"Mui, why don't we-,"

"Seriously, Genya," He yelled. "It's really just two letters: N.O. What are you not understanding?"

Genya flinched at the opposing words shot at him. Convincing Muichiro to turn things around would be one helluva task. He knew the risks and challenges, yet, he was willing.

He sighed, averting gaze from the smaller as they'd finally approached the set. The two walked over to a table occupied of unopened (and some abandoned) packages, setting the pristine ones down. They wouldn't speak to one another, allowing an eager silence to rain down on them.

As the two walked away from eachother finally, they began to think to themselves.

Genya was desperate. When he liked someone, he wouldn't let them travel far so easily.

As for Muichiro—there was still ample love resting in him. So much feelings he still littered on Genya. The next step was to let them free. However, it would be hard considering the fact that said feelings were hidden so deep down that only the hatred he felt could be spotted.

Word Count: 1307