Interrogation

Mitsuri flinched to the abrupt sound of the door to her room bursting open. She hastily turned around, averting her gaze from her makeup supplies to the entrance behind her. At the sight of the short male she was all so familiar with, she rested a hand onto her chest in relief.

"Did your makeup get messed up?" She asked genuinely before unzipping her supply kit with haste.

Muichiro groaned, slapping his forehead with his palm in annoyance. As much as he tried to be a little more hostile towards her, he couldn't. Although he would fail to admit it to himself, he was holding back some of his anger. She was far too oblivious to deserve all of it — he would conclude.

With a sigh, he walked over to the taller woman with brisk steps. He gently placed his hands on her shoulders, struggling to pull off a look of frustration. Instead, it would come out as disappointment. By this time, he found it a lot harder than it was before to be angry at her as she aggressively dropped her supplies onto the floor in surprise.

"Woah, Muichiro! I'm not like that!" She squealed, holding her cheeks as they grew pink. "I'm really flattered though,"

"I'm not-...," He whispered, interrupting himself in his own sentence with a sigh.

He let go of her shoulders, backing up from her in embarrassment and confusion. What was he to say now after barging into her room with aggression? How could he appropriately go about this? Just the thought of it all confused him as he clenched his fists tirelessly.

Mitsuri frowned, noticing how weird he was acting, and asked, "Did I misunderstand?"

"Yeah, definitely...," He coughed, looking away from the ground to focus his eyes literally anywhere else in the room. "But you have yet to let me know,"

"Let you know what?"

He creased his eyes, looking at her from a side glance as if to say 'you know what'. Except, he didn't say that, and instead crossed his arms in annoyance.

Looking away from her once again, he asked, "Why did you tell Shinobu?"

It went silent as Mitsuri would fail to respond for the first few seconds. She couldn't fully recall what she might've told Shinobu that would've pissed him off. In fact, she rarely even talked to Shinobu all that much on set. Perhaps, this was a conflict that took place after work? Even so, no matter how much she thought, she couldn't get down to the issue.

"Umm, could you please clari-,"

"After I specifically told you not to tell anyone about what happened between me and Genya at the hotel, out of all the people you could decide to tell, you told Shinobu!" He yelled, finally approaching the situation. "I mean... seriously? Shinobu? This ruins everything,"

Mitsuri was frozen in shock by the sudden sound of his shouts. She didn't sit right with being yelled at. Mostly because of the fact that she was rarely ever yelled at to begin with. So, hearing such a daring cacophony from Muichiro utterly terrified her.

She looked to the ground in fret, interlocking her fingers together, and finishing it off with a bow.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled.

Muichiro's eyes went blank, as he slowly averted his gaze towards her in surprise.

It wasn't supposed to go like this, he thought.

He wanted to establish a very clear and specific point. That was the whole point of his approach to begin with. He didn't expect her to give in far too fast and completely ruin it. He covered his face with his hands in annoyance and slowly shook his head.

Before he could respond once again, the sound of a door opening behind him startled them both. He swiftly turned around to the noise, spotting the familiar figure of a tall man entering the room. He had his hands in his pockets, complimenting his ever so serious stance. The two paused as he walked around the room without stopping at something specifically, almost as if looking for a certain someone in particular.

It was when he finally came into the light amongst the two that Muichiro could let out the breath he wasn't aware he was holding in.

"Oh! It's just you, Genya," Mitsuri clarified, pulling him into a tight hug. "You got me so scared for a moment,"

"Yeah, sorry about that," He apologized, scratching the back of his head in worry. "Shinobu just wanted me to let Muichiro know that we're about to start our first act,"

Muichiro nodded, shoving past Genya to leave the room hastily. He slightly looked behind himself in concern, before looking back at the door once again, and heading for his destination fully. Genya inaudibly scowled, holding onto his shoulder in agony. He turned back around to look at Mitsuri, exaggerating the pain even further as he rubbed onto the place he was hit.

"Oh, stop it," She giggled. "You two need to learn how to get along,"

"No... he does. Muichiro has bad anger issues," He crowed.

"Says you," She brought a makeup brush to her lip, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "From what I remember, you were the one always starting those immature fights online,"

Genya covered his eyes with a singular hand, looking down in embarrassment.

"Don't remind me,"

"So, you admit it...,"

He refused to respond to the question. He was too spiteful to admit to anything related to being more immature than Muichiro. To him, he could only believe he was far from that. With a sigh, he averted his gaze from the ground to Mitsuri. The sign of embarrassment on his face quickly switched to that of curiosity.

After all, when he'd walked into the room earlier, he didn't actually expect to see Muichiro there. In fact, it was the last room he checked in all of the vicinity. The both of them had already gotten their makeup done. It wasn't expected that Muichiro would come to visit once again. So obviously, as anyone else would, Genya began to have some suspicions.

What were the two of them talking about in this room all alone?

Were they gossiping about me? He thought to himself.

He shook the thought out of his head. He knew Muichiro all too well to know that he wouldn't waste a second of his life to put his name in his mouth. In spite of that, the thought attacked him brutally. He didn't want to be nosy about it, but he couldn't help it after the embarrassing encounter they had a few minutes prior.

It wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Say... what were you guys even talking about before I came here?"

Word Count: 1124