001

CHAPTER ONE: "Eat My Dust, Henderson!"

CHAPTER ONE:
"Eat My Dust, Henderson!"

DEEP IN the suburbs of Hawkins, Indiana is a three story family home, and down in the basement of that home are four boys playing a tedious game of D&D at the table, and laying on her stomach on the couch behind the group of boys as she flips thro...

DEEP IN the suburbs of Hawkins, Indiana is a three story family home, and down in the basement of that home are four boys playing a tedious game of D&D at the table, and laying on her stomach on the couch behind the group of boys as she flips through the pages of her comic book is Violet Harrington. The game of Dungeons & Dragons had been more of the boy's thing than hers, for some reason she could never get into the game.

But she did enjoy watching the four boys that she called her best friends, listening as they got riled up about it. She liked seeing them have fun and enjoy themselves, it made her happy.

She flipped a page in her comic as her best friend Mike egged the boys on, speaking in a deep and ominous tone. "Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here."

"What is it?" Will asked.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin questioned anxiously, "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas told him, shaking his head.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike announced, placing a game piece on the board.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin snickered.

"Told ya." Lucas goofily grinned before Will and Dustin chuckled with him about their assumptions.

"Wait a minute." Mike says softly, after a couple moments of silence. "Did you hear that?" He asked them, Violet's brows inched upwards, and she abandoned the next words on the colorful page infront of her and looked towards the table. "That... that sound? Boom... boom... boom!"