035

Chapter Thirty Five:"A little harmless spying

"A little harmless spying."

     THE trio arrived back at Max's house on Old Cherry Road

THE trio arrived back at Max's house on Old Cherry Road. The plan was for them to get off the bus, make a pit stop there, Max would grab her overnight bag, and they'd head over to the cabin so Hopper would never know that El had left the house that day. So they rushed off the bus, ran to the Mayfield home, and Max unlocks the door with the house key that she always kept on her.

The trio made a beeline for Max's bedroom, and Violet adjusts her bag on her shoulder and she and El sat on the side of her bed while Max threw some clothes into her own overnight sleepover bag. Once she had all the supplies that she needed, she pulls the bag straps over her shoulders and the three of them leave her house and grab the bikes that they left earlier.

El climbs on the back of Violet's bike, then the trio take off biking down the road and make their destination to the hidden and nicely tucked cabin in the thicket of the woods. When they arrive there she and Max park and place their bikes on the front porch of the cabin, then they rush inside the small lodge home after El and follow her as she lead them to her bedroom.

Unlike Violet who had been there a handful of times, it was Max's first time at the cabin.

After El outstretched her hand and her bedroom door creaked open with a swing, Max's gaze wandered the medium sized bedroom as she walks inside the room. Violet drops her bag on the floor infront of the foot of El's bed, the straps slipping down her shoulders as it hits the hardwood floors with a small thump.

"Hey, El?" Violet calls, grabbing the girl's attention, her wispy brunette brows raise in question. "You mind if I put my mixtape in your radio?"

El gives a small shrug, "Sure."

"Cool, thanks." Violet replies softly, dropping down to her knees and opening up her backpack.