025

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: "MadMax & Ultraviolet

"MadMax & Ultraviolet."

     VIOLET and the others had their work cut out for them

VIOLET and the others had their work cut out for them. Steve made a decision and decided they would hide inside of the abandoned bus, but in order to be able to keep themselves safe from Dart when he does come for them —due to the trail of raw meat nuggets on the ground— they would need to barricade the bus.

And so, the unlikely group of five bands together and got to work. They grabbed every piece of rusted metal in sight, they rolled down barrels through the grass that they needed, and Steve began watering the dead grass with gasoline, setting a trap for Dart when he eventually did come.

During all their hard work the sun had disappeared behind the horizon, leaving the stars twinkling overhead and the moon pulsing in night sky. The five of them pile into the bus, Steve being the last one in to pull the barricade closed.

Now that it's just the four of them, plus Lucas who had climbed up the ladder to the top with his binoculars, Violet quickly remembers that she made a catastrophic slip up. She talked out loud and called Max cute, which was literally the stupidest mistake she could have ever made.

And now, she had to stay as far away from Max as she possibly could to avoid an awkward and overall mortifying conversation... in a small fucking bus with no real place to separate herself.

Which was just fantastic, really.

So, her idea was to do what she did best. Open her backpack, dig through all of the supplies inside, find her multiple comic books stashed inside, and crack one open while she sat in the very back of the bus. Her comic book of choice, Black Widow. Sure she wasn't as popular in the comics issues yet, but Violet loved her and she had a gut feeling that Natasha Romanova was gonna blow up in the Marvel world one day.