3

Friday Pov

"Welcome to the quad." Enid said as we walked outside.

"It's a pentagon." Me and Wednesday said at the same time.

"The whole snarky Goth girl things might have worked at normie school, but here things are different." Enid said as I pulled out a drop pop.

This:

"Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene

"Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." Enid said as I squeezed some of the juice part in my mouth.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday said as I gave her my coffee.

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Enid said as Wednesday took a sip of the coffee. "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales." She explained as we walked around un the shelter bit. "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades." She said pointing at one of the tables. "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves." She said pointing at another table. "Like me." She added on with a smile as they howled. "Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when Furs wolf out." She said as I looked around. "I suggest you pick up noise-cancelling headphones." She added on making us look at each other.

"I'm assuming Scales are sirens?" We asked at the same time.

"You catch on quickly." Enid said with a smile. "And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty." She said as I sucked on the lollipop part of the drop pop. "Although her crown's been slipping lately." She said making me look at her. "She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe. But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason unknown." Enid said making me smirk.

"Fascinating." Me and Wednesday said at the same time looking at each other.

"I know, right?" Enid said as we looked back at her. "My vlog is, like, the number one source for Nevermore gossip." She explained as I pulled out my phone.

"Yo, Enid! You're not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your new roommates." A boy said coming over not seeing us.

It makes sense he couldn't see me as I was smaller then the two of them.

"They eat human flesh. Chowed down on that kid they murdered. You better watch your back. Apparently they have twin telepathy so they know what each other is thinking." He finished before Enid stepped back to reveal Wednesday.

"Quite the contrary." Wednesday and I said at the same time.

"We actually fillet the bodies of our victims, then feed them to our menagerie of pets." Wednesday continued as I stepped out.

"About that telepathy thing that's only half right." I said making Wednesday look at me. "You'll never know what's real or fake." I said with a smirk.

"Ajax, these are my new roommates Wednesday and Friday." Enid introduced making him study us.

"Whoa. You're in black and white. Like a living Instagram filter." He said making me scoff.

"Ignore him." Enid said pushing him away.

"I was planning to." I told her as I continued to dye my tongue blue with my drop pop.

"Gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned." Enid said looking back at him. "He's cute, but clueless." She said turning to us. "It's a small school. There wasn't much online about either of you." She said making me look at Wednesday. "You should really get on Insta, Snapchat and TikTok." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." Wednesday said making Enid look at me.

"You'll never find mine." I said making her nod.

We followed Enid to get our uniforms then our schedules. We both got changed then met the Principle afterwards. My skirt went down to my knees which I'm glad for as I hate long skirts.

Uniform:

"Look at you, my little deathtrap

"Look at you, my little deathtrap." Father said as we walked out the front. "Seeing you in this uniform brings back so many terrible memories. Doesn't it, Tish?" He asked mother with a smile.

"Yes." Mother said looking at us.

"Why don't you boys wait in the car? Wednesday, Friday and I need a moment." Mother said as I pulled out a blue raspberry lollipop.

"Pugsley, you're soft and weak." Wednesday began as I passed him one of my lollipops. "You'll never survive without us. I give you two months, tops." She continued as mother looked at me with a sigh.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, sis'." He said as I passed him a brain licker as well.

"Don't tell dad." I whispered in his ear making him nod.

Father and Pudsey went back to the car before getting in.

"Any plans you have of running away end right now." Mother told us making me scoff.

"No thanks." I said making her look at me.

"I've alerted all family members to contact me the minute you two darken their doorstep." She continued looking at me. "You have nowhere to go." She added on making me roll my eyes.

"As usual, you underestimate us, Mother." Wednesday said looking at me to continue.

"We will escape this educational penitentiary, and you will never hear from us again." I told her crossing my arms over my chest.

"You are brilliant girls, Wednesday, Friday, but sometimes you both get in your own and each others way. I'm sure you'll grow to love Nevermore, and find it as life-changing as I did." Mother said making me sigh. "Oh, I got you a little something. W... M. Our initials." Mother said looking at Wednesday. "It's made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions. It's a symbol of our connection." She added on passing the necklace to Wednesday making me laugh.

"Which one of your spirits suggested this toe-curling tchotchke?" Wednesday asked glancing at me. "We're not you, Mother. We will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family." She continued before looking at me.