22

Friday Pov

"I do think you two might be right about Rowan." Xavier said making me sigh.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" I asked him as we started to walk.

"I texted him again today." He said making me hum. "I said maybe we could meet over spring break and go snowboarding like we did last year." He said making me raise an eye brow. "This time he texted right back, said he wouldn't be able to make it." He said making me realise.

"Only you never went snowboarding last year." I said making him nod.

"Part of me wanted to blame his recent weirdness. I didn't want to think something bad had happened." He said as I out my arms around myself.

"The cover-up is always worse than the crime." We said at the same time.

"Now I need you two to be honest with me." He said as we stopped walking. "Why'd you come out to the old meeting house in the first place?" He asked making me sigh.

"We was trying to learn more about Crackstone. Figure out how he's connected to this." We said at the same time.

"Yeah, you were trying to use your psychic abilities, right?" He asked making me look at him.

"What makes you think we have any?" I asked him with a raised eye brow.

"Lucky guess." He said with a shrug. "When did they start?" He asked us as I opened my coffee.

"About a year ago." We told him as I drank some of my warm coffee.

We started to walk again with them two under the umbrella and me in the rain as I didn't care if I was wet or not.

"When they happen, it feels like we're touching live wire." Wednesday told him glancing at me.

"We usually enjoy that sensation." I continued on for her.

"Yeah, but you can't control it and that freaks you out." He said making me raise an eye brow at him. "My dad's a psychic." He said making me nod.

"Vincent Thorpe." Me and Wednesday said at the same time. "Our brother's his number one fan. Watched his Vegas Special so many times we're surprised it's not imprinted on his eyeballs." We continued talking at the same time.

"So I've lived with a self-described master." He started making me sigh. "The first thing he'll tell you is that visions can't be trusted." He told us as I rolled my eyes. "They only show one part of the picture." He said making me scoff.

"I saw Joseph Crackstone in front of me as clearly as I'm seeing you two now." I said not glancing at him. "He gathered all the outcasts in the meeting house and burned them alive." I said still looking forwards in front of me.

"Okay, he was a sadistic asshоlе. It was 400 years ago. It's got nothing to do with now." Xavier said making me roll my eyes.

"But what if it does?" Wednesday asked him. "You saw Rowan's drawing. Crackstone was standing in the quad." She told him as I sighed.

"You're creating a story in your head and using visions to back it up." He said making me sigh. "They're telling you what you want to see." He added on making me scoff.

"Are you mansplaining our power?" I asked him with a raised eye brow.

"All I'm saying is my dad, the expert, would warn you that psychic ability isn't rooted in logic. It's triggered by emotions." He said making me look at Wednesday.
"And let's be honest, emotion isn't your strong suit." He said looking between us.

"Bro, I have emotions." I told him with a scoff.

"You have anger, disgust and annoyed." Wednesday said looking at me. "Your always either smirking, sighing, scoffing, and rolling your eyes. You also have laughed once." She said making me scoff. "See." She pointed out making me nod.

"Now I see it." I said making her smirk a tiny bit.

"I believe Rowan was right." Wednesday said making me raise and eye brow. "Something bad is going to happen, and I need to stop it. Starting with that monster. Whoever it is." She added on making me hum.

"You know when he said that?" I asked making her look at me. "Are we sure that the bad was the monster killing him. He could have felt that it was coming." I said with a shrug.

"He wouldn't have known." She said pulling me closer to them. "If he did he wouldn't have gone to the forest or shown us the picture." She added on making me nod.

Time skip

It was now the celebration thing whatever it's called. Me and Wednesday was sat at the front her with her cello me with violin.

(I'm bored) I said in my mind making Wednesday look at me.

(You won't be in a minute) She said back making me smirk.

"Thank you." Mayor began to say once everyone has settled down. "It is my honor to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." He said making me scoff. "Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." He said making me raise an eye brow.

"Why are we here? Didn't Joseph Crackstone try kill outcasts?" I asked Wednesday gesturing to where the school was sat. "It makes no sense with us being here then." I said making shush me.

I heard fizzing and watched as a fire bolted towards the statue. Me and Wednesday started playing after she gave me a nod.

This:

Screams went off as everyone started running while me and Wednesday carried on playing till the end.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked making her smirk slightly.

"I didn't do it. It was Thing." She said making me smirk a bit.