18

Friday Pov

Bianca woke me up to tell me about the Nightshades club. There was a meeting today behind that statue I was near before so we went around getting everyone. I was given a spare mask and cloak to wear. When we got there Wednesday was tied to a chair.

(Let's assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die. It's definitely my kind of party.) Wednesday said in her head.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Bianca asked in stupid voice as the bag was taken off Wednesday's head.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." She said making her sigh.

We all took off the masks and cloaks.

(And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of high school clowns. Why is Friday with them.) Wednesday said in her head.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday told Bianca before looking at me. "What are you doing with them?" She asked making me roll my eyes.

"You can't block me." I said tapping my head.

(Dammit.) She said in her head.

"Yeah dammit indeed." I said with a smirk.

"How did you get down here?" Bianca asked making me scoff.

"Rowan showed her. Left pocket. She tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then solved the riddle." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." One of the guys said confused making me roll my eyes.

"Am we the only smart ones in this group?" I asked Bianca who smirked.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite. We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." Yoko explained looking at a girl.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." The girl Yoko was glancing at said.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax said nodding.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Me and Wednesday asked at the same time.

"Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." Wednesday said looking at me.

"Don't look at me I just found out when I was dragged out of bed." I said making Bianca look at me with a sympathetic look.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier said making me do the maths.

"Ahh the person dad got framed for his murder." I told Wednesday going over to where the pictures were.

"Your parents was in it?" Bianca asked looking at us confused.

"Yeah Morticia and Gomez Addams I thought it was obvious with the last name." I said with a shrug.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko explained as I sat on the cupboard counter.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday asked glancing at me.

"We booted that loser last semester." Bianca said confused about how Wednesday knew this.
"Question is, what are we gonna do with her?" She asked looking at us.

"Don't look at me I'll stay out of this." I said gesturing to Wednesday as I pulled out some bonbons.

"Only members are allowed in this library." Bianca said confusing me.