33

Friday Pov

Me and dad was in separate jail cells. There was a cop outside of the door as I did escape the cell multiple times. We've also only been in here for 20 minutes.

"You didn't have to do that my little rebel." Dad said making me shrug.

"Addams stick together." I said making him chuckle. "I was told my charges will be dropped cause I'm still a minor. I'll only be here for one night so I'll hit him again." I said making him chuckle.

"You don't have to do that my little nightmare." He said making me laugh.

"We should rob a bank together one day. You being the leader I could get us out." I said making him chuckle a bit.

"Addams." A cop said coming into the room. "You have someone that wants to you." He added on making me and dad look at each other.

"Which one?" I asked him confused.

"Like father like daughter." He told himself as if we couldn't hear. "Both." He said unlocking the cell.

We was sat in front of Wednesday. I was eating the sweets I snook in while dad spoke to Wednesday.

"Where did you get those?" Wednesday asked looking at me.

"I have my ways." I said making her smirk. "I sound like a drug dealer." I said with a laugh.

"My little tormenta, how's your mother?" Father asked her with a smile.

"Devastated. She hates you in orange." Wednesday told him making me laugh. "Me and Friday caught her laying a rose on a grave earlier today." She said making father glance at me. "The headstone read 'Garrett Gates.' The very boy you've been arrested for murdering. Care to explain?" She asked making him sigh.

Father paused for a second before he started.

"Garrett was infatuated with your mother. He mistook her kindness for interest. His infatuation turned into obsession, and he started stalking her." He started explaining till Wednesday cut in.

"Why didn't you call the police?" She asked making me sigh.

"We tried." Father told him before I continued.

"But his family were the oldest and richest in Jericho." I said making her glance at me. "I did some digging." I told her with shrug.

"No one believed us." Father continued on. "Garrett's father, an outcast-hating bigot, was furious that your mother had accused his only son." He continued on before looking down. "It all came to a head the night of the Rave'N Dance. Your mother and I stepped out to catch our breath." He continued on while we listened.

"That's when I saw him. He had broken into the school. His twisted love for your mother had made him insane. His eyes bore into me, brimming with murderous intent." Father said as I leaned back in my chair.

I may or may not have looked into the case files. I read the statements and all the evidence in there.

"My life flashed before my eyes. Driven by jealousy and hate, Garrett was unstoppable. When I saw the sword, my survival instinct kicked in. It was a terrible accident." He said as I watched him lie.

I also read my parents diaries where they have what really happened in them. I found about this murder when I was 12 so I've known for almost 4 years.

(If I'm being objective, his confession sounds entirely plausible, delivered with the perfect degree of sincerity. Perhaps my father is exactly what he says.) I heard Wednesday say in her head.

"Thank you for being honest with me." She said clearly lying.

(But then there's the matter of his tells. The way he smooths his mustache. The way he delivers a comforting wink. I've been playing Russian roulette with him since I was 12. I know them well.) She continued with her thoughts.

"I'm sorry I wasn't a better father." Father said sounding like he was going to cry.

"Could we please do without the overt display of emotion?" Wednesday asked making me raise an eye brow.

"I know they make you two feel uncomfortable." He said glancing at me.

"No they make Wednesday uncomfortable." I said making him nod.

"How many fathers hand their twin daughters a fencing blade when they're five?" Wednesday asked making me smirk

"Both of your saber strokes were an essay in perfection." He said with a smirk.

"Didn't I almost stab Wednesday's eyes out?" I asked him confused.

"You did and Wednesday tried to cut your hair in return." He said with a nod.

"So I threw her headless dolls away and replaced them with the creepy ones she hated." I said making her look at me.

"That was you?" She asked making me nod.

"Well yeah who did you think it was?" I asked her confused.

"I thought it was Thing." She said making me shrug.

She turned back to dad and continued with the conversation.

"Or teach them how to swim with sharks?" She asked making him smile.

"They found you both as cold -blooded as I do." He said making me laugh.

"The right way to flay a rattlesnake?" She asked making him laugh.

"They really do taste like chicken when prepared properly." He said making me hum.

"The point is, you taught us how to be strong and independent." Wednesday said as he looked between us both. "How to navigate myself in a world full of treachery and prejudice." She continued on making him smile a bit more. "You are the reason we understand how imperative it is that we never lose sight of myself." She finished as while he had a wide smile.

I looked at them both as they looked like they was having a staring contest for a few seconds.

"So as far as fatherhood goes, I would say you've been more than adequate." We told him at the same time.

"Gracias, Wednesday, Friday." Dad said with tears in his eyes.

Wednesday left and we was led back to our cells. I gave father some bonbons that he took with a smile.

"Why did you try lie to Wednesday?" I asked making him look at me. "We have twin telepathy remember I know she knows you was lying." I said making him sigh. "I also found out that it was mother 4 years ago." I said making him chuckle. "I read your diaries. I was bored and investigated to find them." I said making him sigh.

"I was protecting your mother." He said making me look down.

"I know." I told him with a shrug. "Just like I would have done it for Wednesday." I said with a shrug.

"Why didn't you tell us you knew?" He asked making me chuckle.

"If it didn't come out today I would have used it to get my own way out of something." I said making him chuckle.