30

Friday Pov

(How well do we really know our parents? Take my father. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder that took place right up there. Which leads me to wonder...) We thought disrupting my sleep. (...what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago?)

It was parents weekend now  Wednesday was in the quad or pentagon while I was comfy in my bed. I heard what Wednesday was thinking while she was outside.

I heard Wednesday's light footsteps coming to my room.

"Come on get up we have things to do." She said making me scoff.

"No we don't." I told her rolling my eyes.

"Come on. Or I'll drag you." She said making me scoff.

"Your threats don't scare me. I've lived with you for almost 16 years. I literally know what you think." I said looking up at her.

"The quicker we do this the quicker we find out what our father did." She said making me look up.

"Fine but I'm asking for a cat." I said making her sigh.

She left my room and I got changed before letting her back in.

Outfit:

We're on the roof spying on out parents and brother

We're on the roof spying on out parents and brother. My pockets was full of sweets with fizzy drinks in my bag. I had my black 2.2 litre bottle full of cherry cola again.

When we went inside we met Enid who didn't look as happy as she normally is. We heard Principle Weems speech from under the shelter bit.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are." She began before there was a round of applause. "I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet." She finished before students rushed around looking for there parents.

"On the mend?" Me and Wednesday asked looking at each other. "Try in a coma." We said looking away.

"Have you two been to see him?" Enid asked making me glance at her. "You're his friends." She added on making Wednesday sigh slightly.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday said making me cheer in my head that she didn't bring me into it as I didn't think that about me.

"That is not your fault, okay?" Enid said trying to convince her. "The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week." She added on before I smirked.

"Maybe you finally scared it off cause it's scared of you." I said making her glare at me. "Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend." I added on with a shrug.

"I knew I should have worn my plague mask." Wednesday said looking at our family as they entered.

I pulled out a brain licker not really bothered that they're here. Wednesday glanced at me while Enid looked at her family.

"Would you look at my family?" She said as they howled. "Talk about toxic pack mentality." She added on with a sigh. "I give my mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out." She said before looking at us. "Let's get this over with." She said before we split up with her.

Wednesday grabbed my arm and pulled me over to our family once I didn't move.

"There they are." Father said with a smile. "Oh, how we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer." He said hugging us making me snicker and look at Wednesday.

"He's talking about you." I said making her glare at me.

"How are you, my little rain clouds?" Mother asked with a smile as I wrapped my arms around her giving her a side hug.

She wrapped her arms around me stroking my hair.

"I thought Thing was filling you in on our every move." I said making them go silent and glance at each other.

"We uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately." Wednesday said letting go of my arm.

"So, how's the little fella doing? Does he still have all his fingers?" Father asked with a smile wiggling his own..

"Relax. I haven't snapped any of his digits." Wednesday said before I smirked

"Yet." I said before a little smirk appeared on her face.

"So tell us everything." Mother said glancing down at me.

"Since you've abandoned us here, we've been hunted, haunted... and the target of an attempted murder." Wednesday listed off to them.

"I got stitches in the back of my head. Wednesday slapped me." I said making them look at me.

"I apologised for it." Wednesday said confusing me.

"When?" I asked making her sigh.

"How about you apologise now?" Father suggested making her sigh.

"I'm sorry for slapping you." She said making me smirk. "Even if it was a few weeks ago." She added on making me roll my eyes.