16

Friday Pov

We was in the school library looking for a book that we saw in the visions.

"We keep seeing that same purple book." We said as Thing looked through the books with us.

"The cover was darker." I told Thing before hearing footsteps.

"More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking." Wednesday said before I saw Ms Thornhill.

"I don't usually find students in here looking for actual books especially not two." Ms Thornhill said making Wednesday turn around. "Most sneak in to make out." She said with a chuckle.

"We accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging." Wednesday said making Ms Thornhill nod.

"I can't unsee that." I said making her chuckle. "I'm scared for life." I added with a shiver.

"Is there something I can help you two find?" Ms Thornhill asked looking between us.

"Have you seen this before?" Wednesday asked her showing the page that Rowan showed her.

"It's a watermark from a book we're looking for." I added on pointing at it in the corner.

"I think it's the symbol to an old student society. Um...The Nightshades." Ms Thornhill told us.

"Like the deadly flower." I told Wednesday surprised.

"Color me intrigued." Wednesday told Ms Thornhill looking from me to her.

"I was told they disbanded years ago." Ms Thornhill explained to us.

"Any idea why?" I asked her with a raised eye brow.

"Sorry." She said shaking her head. "I was very impressed with both of your answers in class today." She said looking between us.

"Our mother is a carnivorous plant aficionado. We assume we get our red thumb from her." Wednesday said as I pulled out a lollipop.

"Are you two and your mother close?" Ms Thornhill asked making turn to her.

"Like two inmates sentenced to life on the same cell block." I said making her look between us.

"I know it can't be easy... showing up mid-semester." Ms Thornhill started making me sigh. "I've been here a year and a half, and I still feel like an outsider." She finished looking between us.

"Because you're the only normie on the staff?" We asked at the same time surprising her. "Enid told us." We added on making her nod.

"To tell you the truth, I've never really fit in anywhere." Ms Thornhill started with a sigh. "Too odd for the normies, not odd enough for the outcasts." She said as Thing climbed into my backpack. "I thought Nevermore would be different, but there's still a handful of teachers who will barely acknowledge me." She explained making me raise an eyebrow.

"I act as if I don't care if people dislike me. Deep down... I secretly enjoy it." Me and Wednesday said making me smirk.

"Never lose that, Wednesday, Friday." She said confusing me.

"Lose what?" We asked at the same time.

"The ability to not let others define you." She told us with a sigh. "It's a gift." She added on making me sigh.

"Doesn't always feel that way." I mumbled making Wednesday agree.

"The most interesting plants grow in the shade." Ms Thornhill said as she began to walk away. "And if you ever need anyone to talk to, the door to the conservatory is always open." She said walking away with Wednesday watching till she was gone.

We went to Xavier's room that was once Rowan's too. We went inside after Xavier had gone in the shower.

"That purple book has got to be around here somewhere." Wednesday told Thing who came out of my backpack. "Start investigating." She told us.

I turned the light off then me and Wednesday pulled out a uv light. We searched around Rowan's side of the room before I found a mask under the floor boards under his bed.

"Rowan's full of surprises." I told Wednesday showing it to her.

She found a notebook near Xavier's side and opened it. She found two drawings. One of me and one of her making me raise an eye brow.

Two knocks on the door sent us rolling under Xavier's bed. He came out of the bathroom and turned the lights on then answered the door. There was Bianca stood there.

"You're not supposed to be up here." Xavier said letting her in.

"Good to see you too." She said walking in with a smile.

"How'd you get past the Housemaster? Use your siren powers?" Xavier asked her closing the door.

"Not while wearing this." She said holding a necklace. "Would it kill you to not think the worst of me for once?" She asked making me roll my eyes.

"What do you want, Bianca?" Xavier asked her with a sigh.

"To see how you're doing." She said making me and Wednesday look at each other. "I'm sorry about Rowan. I know you guys used to be close." She said as I raised an eye brow.

"Since when did you give a damn about Rowan?" Xavier asked her confused.

"You were the one afraid he'd do something to Wednesday or is it Friday." Bianca said making me pull a face as. "Isn't that why you've been following them like an eager-eyed puppy? Or is there something more?" She asked him with a sigh. "Seriously, what do you see in them? You have a thing for a tragic twin goth girls with funeral-parlor fashion sense?" She asked him making Wednesday put her finger to her lip.

"Maybe it's because they haven't tried to manipulate me." He said surprising me.

I look at Wednesday and tapped my head.

(When weren't sirens manipulators?) I asked in my head making her tap her head.

(They always have and will be) She said in her mind making me nod agreeing with her.

"I make one mistake, and you can't forgive me." Bianca told him with a scoff. "Wednesday treats you like crap, you can't get enough." She added confusing me.

"Why are you fixated on Wednesday but not her twin sister Friday?" Xavier asked her with a sigh.

"Because Wednesday thinks she's better than everyone else Friday doesn't care she just follows her older sister around giving herself sugar rushes." Bianca said making Wednesday look at me.

I shook my head denying it but she looked down.

"I can't wait to crush Ophelia Hall tomorrow and watch there werewolf roommate crumble." Bianca said clearly smirking. "It's gonna be a Poe Cup finale to remember." She said as I looked down.

"I hate to think what you've got planned." Xavier told her with a sigh.

"My game's already started. I like to win. Is that so wrong?" Bianca asked him confused.

"You used to love my killer instinct. We were good together, Xavier." Bianca said as Xavier opened his door.

"Were we? Is that just how you wanted me to feel?" He asked her with a sigh.

"Trust me, Wednesday Addams is not the girl of your dreams. She's the stuff of your nightmares." Bianca said before leaving.