5 | promise

(04:17pm)
4th december

"soob? are you alright?" soobin was punched back into reality. all the terrible thoughts about what will happen to him washed away as he looked back at the elder.

"y-yeah I'm fine." soobin replied instantly so he wouldn't cause yeonjun to worry.

"binnie are you thinking about what will happen because of your...score?" yeonjun said faintly as he knew it was a very sensitive topic for soobin.

"n-no," soobin glanced down at the ground, that is how yeonjun knew straight away that he was lying.

"soobin, if they do anything. you call me straight away, I'll come pick you up. okay?" yeonjun reassured in an intimidating tone. yeonjun wanted soobin to be safe, it would break his heart to think of something bad happening to soobin. after soobin trusted yeonjun to tell him what really happens in his life yeonjun felt even closer to the younger. after knowing what he really went through he felt like it was his duty to protect the boy.

soobin simply just nodded, "you promise you'll call me?" yeonjun asked.

soobin waved his free hand infront of yeonjun and stuck out his pinky finger. yeonjun smiled and linked his own pinky around soobin's.

 yeonjun smiled and linked his own pinky around soobin's

but all promises are made to be broken.

published-09 january 2023