30 | protect him

(08:30pm)
august 12th

"yeonjun go help soobin to his room, i'm gonna stay downstairs and watch tv."

"what are you watching miss choi?" soobin asked sitting comfortably on the sofa while she reached for the remote.

"i just finished my last one, so i need to find a new one." she smiled.
"can i-i watch it with you?" soobin asked politely.
"oh! how rude of me! of course you can honey!" she shamed herself then shooed away yeonjun with her hands to make him leave. yeonjun did so and went upstairs.

"bye guys, have fun." yeonjun chuckled before leaving them two to watch tv.
"goodnight!" the two said in unison.

after yeonjun left, chloe turned the tv on and they both talked about kdramas they have and haven't seen. after lots of discussion and fanboy/girling over handsome actors they came to the conclusion to watch, 20th century girl. it wasn't a series, but it was a good film to start on. both chloe and soobin had seen the film but they both agreed mutually to rewatch it. after all, it was an amazing film, none of them minded seeing it again.

2 hours later

"oh my gosh, i forgot how depressing this film is." she laughed slightly even though there were tears forming in his eyes.
"why did he have to die!" soobin complained he also laughed while tears were falling.

is this what it's like to have a mother? i don't remember my mother being anything like this.

"what are you guys doing?" yeonjun came down in a white t-shirt and grey joggers, his hair was damp meaning he obviously just had a bath. soobin's eyes were glued to yeonjun, wow- that's all that came to his mind, wow.

"nothing-" chloe giggled while wiping her eyes clean.
"are you guys crying?" yeonjun asked quite confused.

"yup!" "nope-" they both answered differently, making them both giggle and laugh.

wow, they are getting along so well...yeonjun stared at the way soobin was laughing, even when he was laughing he looked like an angel.

yeonjun couldn't help but feel a little jealous, he's been friends with soobin for way longer than his mum has. and now all of a sudden they are like best mates, he was annoyed that soobin decided to be best friends with his mother instead of him.

maybe it was his fault, for locking him out. soobin wanted to know how he got in his state, but yeonjun didn't want to tell him.

why? well in short answer, all he wanted was to protect soobin, to protect him from the harm he went through before he almost died. even though he always claimed he was fine, he obviously wasn't, he would hurt himself, he would always cry and rarely smiled.

seeing the person he loved the most being hurt and not well, hurt yeonjun even more. those years of his life, were hard to go through and he didn't want soobin to go through it again. the fact that he had forgotten it all, was a relief. yeonjun thought that this was their chance to forget the past, focus on the present and to eventually create a better future.

but what if soobin will hate me for never telling him?

soobin had to eventually find out, so the older might as well just tell him now. i can't protect and hide him from the truth, i can only support him and be there from him when he finds out.

published-26/04/2023