At home

When we arrived at my awfully familiar home, Enid and I carried our things inside with the assistance of Lurch. "Enid, take the guest bedroom. Its upstairs next to mine." I said to Enid, us both hauling our things up the stairs. After that, we all ate dinner together. My family asked rather personal questions to Enid. "How is your family? Do you like anyone? Who are you dating?" Mother threw all of these questions at Enid. When we finally finished dinner it was perfectly in time for bed. I took a hot steamy shower, changed into my PJs, and brushed my teeth.

When I went to check on Enid to see how she was doing. I saw her lying on her bed with her STOMACH SHOWING. "What are you wearing! A shirt made for babies!?" I half closed my eyes. "No silly! This is called a crop top. I wear these to sleep." Enid chuckled softly. A warm feeling welled inside of me but I ignored it. "Oh well, go to sleep. Bye." I said blankly. "You're so cold" Enid said, covering her body with the blanket. I left the room, unfazed. I lay in my bed, watching the ceiling until I fell into the depths of darkness.

[1:50 AM]
Theres a faint scream. My already opened eyes start to move. My first thought is it must be from Enid's room. I stand up unstably and make my way to Enid's room. I slowly open the door. There she is. She's tossing and turning, slightly whimpering, and she is rolled up like a burrito in her blanket. Her sleek, soft skin shone beautifully in the moonlight that crept through the window. Why am I thinking about this? This wasn't the reason why I came here.

Welp, she seemed fine I guess. This was normal activity back at the dorms. No danger in sight. I crept back to my room. Before I could close my door, I hear a soft "Wednesday...?" down the hall. "Yes Enid?" I replied. "Can I sleep in your room? Please..." she whispered. "What. Why." I questioned. "Please..." she said with that stupid saddened voice. "Fine. Theres only one bed so you will have to sleep in mine. If you touch me I will kill you in your sleep." I said sternly. Enid made her way into my room slowly, and we got into bed. We lay on opposite sides on the bed. I fall asleep quickly.

[3:14 AM]
I suddenly awoke, feeling a weight on my chest and body. I peer down to see Enid. Her head rest on my chest, and her arm wrapped around my body. Her skin felt cold to the touch. "Enid Sinclair..." I whisper to myself. I want to push her off but she looks so peaceful... Cute even. What the hell am I saying. How dreadful. Well at least she isn't having her little nightmares when she is like this. Do I... Like this? No. This is just so she can sleep nicely. I feel the need to pull her closer. I do that, and Enid snuggles further into my body. My heart skips a beat as our bodies share their warmth. I don't want to kill her. I never did and never will. I ignore the weird sensation in my stomach as I fall back asleep. I like this. But why?

The next morning I wake up first. Enid is still dead asleep on me, but I do not dare to move. I don't know why, but I stay as still as I can. I watched as Enid's body slowly rises and falls with her breath. I try to move just a bit but Enid mutters; "No... Stay." I couldn't tell if she was awake or asleep. She talks in her sleep a lot. I raise my arm and wrap it around Enid. I have no idea why im doing this. I want to now. Is this what friends do? Is she still with Ajax? Why do I want to know these things...