Distance...

As she walked away Atlas saw her aswell. "Whos that?" she asked, fidgeting with a ring on her finger. "None of your business." I replied, with a slight tone of unease and anger. "Okay, okay jeez..." Atlas said, reassuring me by putting her hands up.

The waiter walked over. "Are we ready to order food, ladies?" he asked as Atlas nodded her head. " A steak, medium rare, and some fries, and uhhh a pepsi please." she spoke, turning her dark eyes to meet my gaze, gesturing me to order my food. "Same thing as her." I said blankly. The waiter nodded and walked away to the kitchen. Atlas just sat there, I could tell she didnt know what to say. Neither did I. I watched her, as she played with her rings. A strand of hair fell in front of her eye.

She went cross eyed, focusing on it. She blew it away, but it fell back in place. She scoffed and left it alone. Cute. Her dark eyes met mine. A slight feeling of panic stabbed me as I quickly looked away. Suddenly, her soft, low laugh sounded. I couldnt help but smile in the corner of my mouth. Atlas smiled back.

But we ate in silence, both of us aware that we dont have any idea what to say. It was just quick eye contact and quickly looking away. It wasn't the worst thing in the world. When we finished our food, Atlas reached over to get the check but so did I. We grabbed it at the same time. A smile shone on her face. We pulled the check back and forth. "Fine, whatever, you can pay." I said rolling my eyes. "Of course ma'am" Atlas teasingly said while slightly bowing her head. Her smile lightly triggering mine.

We went outside and were walking side by side. I hear running, but I dont look back. Atlas does though, and she gasps. I hear a weird sound behind me. There is a circle of some... magic? A knife is stabbed through it, the knife aimed at me. My demise had almost met me there and then. "Fuck off Damien." Atlas said with pure hate, her eyes narrowing. She used her magic to throw the knife wherever it flew off to. "What? Is she your little girlfriend now? Who knew you ever cared about anyone." He teased her.

"She isnt my girlfriend. Get out of here before I bring that knife back to impale you and watch you bleed out." Atlas angrily said. I smiled at the thought. Damien rolled his eyes and walked off. "Who was that?" I asked. "None of your business," she said jokingly, teasing me about when I had said it. She walked along with me until I found a taxi.

I got in as she waved goodbye, her figure disappearing in the rearview mirror as we drove off. After the taxi dropped me off, I headed back to the dorm. I opened the door to see Enid sprawled out on her bed, reading a book. She didnt dare look at me. I got ready for bed, and slipped under my sheets. Enid turned off the lights. We lay in silence.

After a while, I think we both knew we werent gonna sleep anytime soon. Enid broke the sickening silence. "So, who was that Wednesday?" her confronting tone unfazed me and I replied, " I could ask you the same thing."

"Tenzin's just a friend Wednesday! I dont know why your jealous!" Enid said. "So is Atlas, who said I was jealous? We arent even officially together Enid. Cut the shit." I answered. This made Enid go silent for a few seconds. "Well
... Well who said I wanted to be with you!" Enid slightly shouted. Straight after her face shown weakness and regret. " I just dont get why you act like nothing happened between us. First off your intentions arent clear, and now you want to hang around all day with this new guy? What the fuck Enid."

Enid didnt say anything afterwards. I hear her crying. This just made me feel guilty. How disgusting. "I hate you Enid." I get out of my bed, walking to hers. She looks into my eyes as I wipe her tears. I get into bed with her, holding her as her tears subsided. She pushed her body into mine. I was still frustrated, but for some reason I just cant stay mad at her. We both fell asleep.

But I dont know exactly why she wants to act this way. She knows theres something going on between us and then acts like nothing happened. Does she not to be with me...? She doesn't even spend time with me anymore. Maybe shes losing interest. Theres a new distance between us, and I dont like it.