Her eyes

[9:37 AM]
Enid finally wakes up after I have been laying there still for so long. "Oh shit! Sorry Wednesday! I didn't mean to touch you please don't kill me." she pulled her arms back and kept hitting her head on my pillow. Her face turned red. "Are you sick, Enid?" I asked. "No... why." Enid felt her face and panicked.

"Wednesday darling!" Mother had opened the door to see us both in the same bed. "Oh. Am I possibly interrupting something?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. She warmly smiled at me. "No, no no no!" Enid said. "I was just having nightmares and I cant sleep without someone else in the room."

"Alright then. Come down for breakfast." Mother spoke. She walked out of the room. So. I guess she did hold me last night on accident. Must've thought I was Ajax." I thought to myself. "Listen Wednesd-" I cut Enid off. "You don't need to apologize. You needed it at that moment." Enid uncovered a soft smile, which gave me a warm feeling. "Lets go eat breakfast. Come on before I leave you to starve." I say, leaving the room, Enid close behind.

We finish eating breakfast. Thing is walking around, tending to his own business, frequently no where to be seen. "Im going for a walk." I announced to everyone. This was normal, I liked to take walks. I don't like many things, but walking was one. "Can I go?" Enid asked. "Why must you go everywhere with me." I said coldly. "Oh. I'll just stay here then." Enid said, with the same tone I used. "No. Come with me." I said. "Oh you want me to go now?" Enid said with a cocky tone. "It wasnt a question." I spat.

We went on a walk. We follow my usual path, the one that goes through a park and around a lake. "DUCKIES." Enid shouts with delight. "Shut up. You're ruining the mood." I scorned. "Oh. Sorry." Enid spoke. I find myself walking closer to her side that moment on. Something makes me want to be closer to her. After that... weird scene we make it back home. We do some normal things like archery and grave digging. Me and Enid watch a movie. Horror of course. A jump-scare comes up and Enid jumps and clings onto me. "Let go." I say. She let's go with a saddened face. The next jumpscare comes on. She clings to me once again. I assume this is an instinctive act, so I don't do anything this time. Or maybe I just don't want to see her sad. Same thing.

[9:51 PM]
The movie finishes, and we both take turns in the shower before brushing our teeth and getting into bed. Of course, she wants to sleep with me again. I let her, but I sleep on the edge of the bed, not in the mood to be touched. This night, she sleeps on her own side. I feel... alone. This is a usual practice for me but it doesn't feel good. Not this time. Enid starts to whimper softly.

I hesitated for a good minute and contemplated my entire life before I eventually wrapped my arm around Enid. I buried my face into her hair. She smelled so nice. Stop. What the fuck am I doing this for. Enid has Ajax. Or maybe this is what friends do. Ill think of it that way. As soon as I did this, she stopped whimpering and relaxed her previously tense body. I fell asleep, and the next morning we woke up at the same time.

We both get up. We go eat breakfast with my family. "Wednesday, you are going back to school tomorrow. They have found a replacement for the principal." Mother said. "What? Already?" I asked, I let out a sigh. "Make sure you pack your things. We will be leaving at 5 pm." Mother announced. Its 9 am right now, we should have a few hours to waste. I practice my cello, read, and work on my novel while Enid takes a nap. At 1, I go to Enid's room to wake her up so we can prepare to leave.

As I walk in, Enid is crying but shes also asleep. "Enid." I say as I start to gently shake her. She rapidly sits up after awaking with a gasp. I watched the tears roll down her face. I wipe her tears from her face. I would never do this for someone else. Well maybe for Pugsley. But thats it. Enid looks up at me as I do. We both freeze and lock eyes. I stare into her beautiful ocean blue eyes. I look down to her lips. I quickly look away from her then. "You're welcome. Start packing." I inform her. I walk out, confused with what just happened. My face feels hot. What is this feeling?