Flower.

[Enids POV] It was now high noon. I woke up from my nap to find Wednesday typing away as per usual. She heard me stir in the bed and turned her head to me. "You have finally awaken, cara mia. How was your rest?" she asked.

I got up and walked over to her. "Very good, Wens." I answered. She smiled, but indirectly. I love her smile. Haven't heard her laugh much though. Her voice enlightens me.

"Do you want to go on a walk through the woods?" she asked me. Wens loved going on walks. Now it was her favorite thing to do with me. There was a wild flower garden we love to go to together. We would pick flowers and exchange them. They smelled great.

I nodded and she took my hand. We went outside, the light breeze whispered in my ear. We headed off to our favorite place. She held my hand as we walked, not eager to let go. I couldnt help but smile. Her warm hands felt so right in mine. Its like we're perfect for each other.

Sometimes I dont feel like im good enough. Like im not nearly as of much worth as her. Im honestly surprised she even fell in love with me.  For this I will love her for eternity.

Wens linked her arm with mine. We came up on the garden. The buzz of bees sounded as we got closer. We did our usual thing. We picked a few flowers. "Enid! Help-!" Wens said suddenly. I looked to her. She was still turned away from me. When she did turn around, her face looked panicked. A butterfly rest on her nose, a bright blue one.

It opened and closed its wings. I laughed real hard, losing breath as I did. "I think it likes you, I dont need to help you." I said through my laughs. "Shut up!" Wens said, swatting the butterfly. It flew away. My jaw dropped. "Dont do that Wens!" I said.

She shrugged. "Well you didnt want to help me, so I did it myself." she spat. "Fair enough." I replied. Wens walked over to me. She put the flower into my hair. "You're beautiful, Enid." she told me. My face became warm. I put the white flower that I had in her hair. "I love you, Wens." I said softly to her.

I cupped her cheek. She rested her hand on mine, smiling up at me. How cute Wens is. I hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me as well. We joined hands again, walking to the lake.

The water rippled as it hit the shore. The suns reflection hurt my eyes, forcing me to look away. I sat down on the dock. Wens sat beside me. She rested her head on my shoulder. We sat there in silence for awhile, watching the carp surface and go back into the depths.

Wens took out her pocket knife. She started to carve into the docks wood. It was a heart. She continued to carve. As her hand moved, it read: 'W + E'.

"Aww." I said. I squeezed her hand. I kissed her cheek. She looked down at her legs. I could see the corner of her mouth, smirking. The flower still rested in her hair.

We decided to head back to the dorm. We went in, setting our flowers down on the dresser. We lay them there until they lose life.

[Wednesday's POV] It was starting to get late. We stood on the balcony, just talking. Even talks like these I love.  Our deep talks are what keeps us close. Its like we can tell each other anything at any time.

I dont need anything other than her. I wrapped my arms around Enid, listening to her heartbeat. She rubbed my back. I slightly pulled away, looking into her eyes. Enid's eyes sparkled, her smile beginning to show.

Her smile faded as I looked to her lips. I regained eye contact with her. Now she looked, focused. Our lips slowly moved together, my arms still wrapped around Enid. We kissed in that moment. When our lips separated, she smiled at me.

We hugged once more before going back inside. We got ready for bed together. As I came out of the bathroom, Enid was sitting on my bed with her back to the bedpost. She was reading a book.

I walked over to her and lay down, my head in her lap. She stroked my hair, still reading. Thing climbed onto the dresser where his little bed was.  He laid on his side, quickly looking like a lifeless severed hand.

I held Enid's hand. She put the book down, focusing her attention on me. I looked up at her. She warmly smiled, using her hands to bunch my cheeks together. She chuckled lightly. Ger eyes softened as our eye contact deepened. I love her. More than anything in the world.

She turned the lamp off. The moon dimly lit the room. We turned to each other. We kissed again, our bodies pressed close together. I pressed my cheek onto her chest. She held me close, sharing her body heat.

I fall asleep in her arms. This feels like a dream. There is no telling what lies ahead.