S1 Ep13: Sectionals

Kurt,Artie and Mercedes all called seeing as Rachel is suspicious of the Puck-Quinn baby drama. Brittany, Santana and Gabby all joined the group call.

"We just heard." Gabby said as the three of them walked.

"Who told?" Santana asked.

"We assumed it was you." Artie said.

"Why would I do that?" She questioned.

"To get back at Puck. Aren't you guys dating?" Kurt said making it seem obvious.

"Sex is not dating." Santana explained.

"If it were Santana and Gabby would be dating." Brittany said making everyone go dead silent, stopping in their tracks.

"Look, I don't want to rock the boat. Since Quinn got pregnant, I'm top dog around here." Santana said continuing on like nothing happened.

"Hold up, Rachels walking by." Mercedes said. "Hey hot mama. Okay shes gone. Look I know i screwed up telling all you guys about Quinn and Puck, and i feel really bad about it but, we cannot let Rachel figure this out. If she tells Finn, hes going to flip."

"And then we really have no chance at sectionals." Kurt added.

Gabriela, Brittany and Santana looked at each other before switching off their phones

xxx

"Hey guys, lets uh, gather around. Well... I have found my replacement. So give it up for Ms Pillsbury" Mr Shue said.

"She's the one they made me go to when they found out I kept a bird in my locker." Brittany said.

"So do you even know anything about music?" Santana asked.

"What's important is that she cares about you guys every bit as much as I do." Mr Shue said. "Now I don't know what the future holds for me, and for us, but I know Saturday, you're gonna make me proud. You guys are gonna be great. So... goodbye for now."

"Wait. What about our setlist" Mercedes asked him before he left

"I can't help you with that. You've gotta figure that out for yourselves." He said before exiting

"Well we have to do 'proud mary' in wheelchairs. Thats in." Artie specified

"And 'don't stop believing' for sure." Finn added.

"What about the ballad?" Tina asked.

"I would be thrilled to contribute a ballad for my repertoire." Rachel stood up and walked to the front of the class, causing Gabriela to scoff and roll her eyes.

"You know what miss bossy pants, enough" Mercedes complained and stood up. "I've worked just as hard as you and I'm just as good as you. You know you always end up stealing the spotlight."

"Mercedes, do you honestly think you're as strong of a balladeer as I am?" Rachel seriously asked. "Ballads are kinda my thing" she said turning to Ms Pillsbury.

"Rachel i think you should give Mercedes a chance." Ms Pillsbury told her.

"Thanks Ms P."

Everyone burst into applause when she finished the song.

"Thoughts?" She asked Rachel.

"Its clear the room adores you, and although it wouldn't be my first choice, but... I can't wait to see you sing that song at sectionals. You're amazing Mercedes and you deserve it." Rachel told Mercedes before hugging her.

xxx

Everyone stood around Finn and Puck in the choir room, as Finn was punching Puck in his face. Someone told him that Puck was really the father of Quinn's baby and not him.