Let Me Leave Or Let Me Love You

A/N: I know the correct lyrics are "let me live" not "let me leave" but it fits better😭
Make up your mind.
Let me leave or let me love you.
While you've been saving your neck.
I've been breaking mine for you.
The power is on, the guillotine hums.
My back's to the wall, go on, let it fall, oh.
Make up your mind.
Before I make it up for you.

"I think it's time I talk to him." Nathalie smiled gently, Penny was still catching up with her.

"What?!" Penny yelled, running faster.

They'd just started a new morning routine, they had started running every morning to try get endorphins pumping in their bodies.

Jagged had been really stressing Penny out and she needed a break and Gabriel, well, everyone knows that story.

"Maybe dating our bosses wasn't the best idea." Penny panted, bending over to put her hands on her knees.

Nathalie nodded, agreeing with the other assistant, while she drank her water.

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, making her quickly put down the water and pull it out, hoping it was Adrien or so.

"Gabriel." Nathalie sighed, sending it to voicemail.

"Girl, you need to talk to him at some point." Penny stood up straight, stretching her muscles before taking a zip of water.

"I know." She sighed again, taking a seat on the bench, placing her elbows on her knees and her face in her hands.

Penny sighed and sat down next to her, placing a hand on her back.

"You have to do it today."

"I know." Nathalie groaned.

"Before he sends out a search team." Penny giggled, her statement making Nathalie laugh a bit.
____________________________________________

"Okay, how do I look?" Nathalie smiled, twirling around in her short, almost spaghetti strap, red dress, her hair down in curls and her makeup done.

"Hot, he'll sure be sorry." Penny smirked.

"Hey, I could hire a really buff and sexy guy for a few hours to pretend to be your new guy while you talk to him." Penny shugged, leading them both to break into a guffaw a few seconds later, Nathalie wiping the tears from laughing from her eyes.

"I love you." Nathalie smiled after the two had calmed down a bit.

"Love you too, Nath. Now go get him, I'll drive you." Penny grinned.

"Fine." Nathalie rolled her eyes jokingly.
____________________________________________

"We're here." Penny whispered making Nathalie instantly grip onto her hand for support.

"You can do this." Penny bent her head so she could look at Nathalie's anxious face as she bounced her leg and bit her nail.

"Repeat after me, Nathalie, I can do this."

"I-I can do this." Nathalie breathed.

"I can do this." Penny raised her eyebrows

"I can do this." Nathalie repeated, slightly more confident.

"Good job, now remember to breathe." Penny joked making the dark haired woman crack a smile.

They both exited the car a moment later, ringing the doorbell.

Gorilla answered, but as soon as he saw who it was he opened the gate and let Penny get back in her car and drive in while Nathalie walked through the gate.

As soon as Penny parked she stepped out and held onto Nathalie's hand, the two of then walking up to the wooden doors which Gorilla opened right before they knocked.

Nathalie uttered a quick 'thank you', her heart pounding in her chest.

They walked to the office doors and then Penny gave her a final squeeze on the hand.

"This is where I stop, you've got this, girl." Penny smiled and hugged her tightly before letting go again.

"I've got this." Nathalie repeated, taking a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Come in." Gabriel's voice boomed from inside.

Nathalie felt her body quiver with fear as she pushed open the doors.

"Hi," She squeaked, her cheeks instantly flushing red.

"Nathalie." The man said breathlessly, he was awestruck.

She quickly closed the doors with her shaking hands and then she went back to where she was standing a few feet away from him.

He stepped off of the podium and began approaching her, noticing how she took a step back every time he took one forward made him put his head down and stop a few feet away from her.

"How are you?" He asked, his voice audibly strained.

"You don't get to do that." Nathalie whispered.

"I'm sorry? I didn't catch that."

"I said you don't get to do that." She spoke in a more form voice this time, ignoring the loud thumbing in her chest and the feeling of blood rushing to her ears.

"Gabriel, I can't do this, you need to make up your mind because I will not make this decision for you! It's me or Emilie!" She yelled at him, catching him off-guard.

"Sorry," She muttered.

"Nathalie, it's you, it will always be you."

"So why did you akumatize that person and what was- Leila doing with the miraculous?!" She begrudgingly spoke the girl's name.

"I can't tell you that now." He whispered, stepping closer.

"But I can tell you, that you look divine, and that I-" He took a deep breath.

"And that I love you, and I want nothing more than to marry you." He took another few steps closer, taking her hands into his own.

"I need time, Gabriel."

"Whatever you need. I would wait a thousand years for you, even more if you needed me to." He responded sweetly.

She felt her breathing quicken and quickly pulled her hands away from his own, cracking her knuckles anxiously.

"Uhm, Penny's waiting, so- I've got to go-" She stammered, obviously stressed by his words.

He nodded solemnly, hoping she'd return soon.

A/N: let me know your thoughts on this one, i didn't really want to drag on the angst any longer so i made it half and half😭