Got A Sense I've Been Betrayed

It turned into something bigger.
Somewhere in the haze, got a sense I've been betrayed.

Nathalie didn't even hear when Penny left, she was too consumed in her own mind.

Suddenly, a loud 'bang' came thundering from outside, the screams of frightened men and women echoed throughout the mansion, even though they weren't inside.

Nathalie jumped up, rushing over to her window, it was an akuma victim.

Nathalie felt her stomach drop, it can't be Gabriel, no, it couldn't be. He swore.

"Leila!" She yelled, opening her door slightly, the frightened young intern came rushing in, her hair a mess and tears in her eyes.

"Go call Adrien and check if Mr. Agreste is in his office." Nathalie ordered the young girl.

She nodded and quickly scurried off.

Adrien came down not too long after.

"Hi, sweetheart, I'm glad you're okay." Nathalie hugged the boy tightly, "Yeah, I'm fine, what's going on?" He inquired, reasonably so.

"There's an akuma victim." Nathalie spoke gently.

"What? But there hasn't been one in- I don't even know how long."

"I know, which is why I want you to stay here, okay? Don't move." Nathalie demanded, before pushing him in gently, closing the door and rushing downstairs.

"Leila! Where are you?" Nathalie called out, storming into Gabriel's office.

She froze when she realized neither of them were there. Gazing over to the painting of Emilie, her stomach dropped, she didn't want it to be true.

She slowly pressed onto the combination, and upon doing so she sank into the secret layer.

Tears instantly built in her eyes, a sharp gasp escaping her throat as she layed eyes upon the "former" supervillain, standing beside what seemed to be Leila with the peacock miraculous, staring at Gabriel the same way she would when she was Mayura, her arm slowly snaking around his.

Nathalie instantly whipped around, frantically pressing the button to take her back up before they noticed.

As soon as she descended from the layer she immediately ran off to her room, quickly packing a bag so she could stay at Penny's for at least a few nights. Strangely enough Adrien wasn't there when she got up to her room, however she was too overwhelmed to notice.

Immediately rushing out of the mansion while dialing Penny's number made her realize that this was all really happening.

Tears instantly filled her eyes at the thought, she couldn't breathe, thankfully, Penny picked up after only three rings.

"Penny." She sniffled, audibly upset.

"Nathalie? What's wrong, you sound off."

"Can I stay at your place for a few days?" Nathalie sobbed into the phone.

"Yes, yeah! Of course, come over, let me just fix up your room." Both girls had rooms in their homes specifically dedicated to one another.

Nathalie sighed and nodded, putting her head down.

When she lifted her head again she noticed that the cab she had called arrived.

She took one last look at the house, and then she left.

A/N: I did apologize🤷🏼‍♀️