The Ring

See the world with the faintest glow.
Break apart and you're dealt the final blow.
Your eyes turn to snow.
And now you realize,

Its the end of all time.
To the end of all time, just so I can see the lightning climb over you.
To the end of all time, just so I can see the lightning climb over me.
Over me.
Over you.

"This is out riskiest plan yet. There are so many parameters we have no control over."

"If anything were to go wrong, I want to leave something of the Agreste's behind. I'm trusting you with my wife's ring, and my son."

Nathalie let out a short gasp, her mouth hung open as he took her hand gently in his and slid the ring onto her ring finger.

"Sir, I- are you sure?"

"I am." He used his thumb to rub her hand gently.

"Its a bit big, I know, I'm sorry, if I do ever make it back, I'll get it adjusted for you."

He would've loved to say the words that pounded in his mind but he refused.

He would've loved to say 'and one day I'll get you a ring that's worthy of your grace and beauty, any ring that you'd like.'

She then started to cough violently, he took her hand that she wasn't trying to conceal her coughs with and clasped both of his hands around her free hand.

Squeezing it comfortingly,

"Thank you." Her voice came out weak and sore.

He placed a gentle kiss to her free hand in the sense of saying 'you're welcome'.

Once she had calmed herself a tad, he held a hand out for her, she took it with grace and walked out of the room with him,

Their hands touching ever so slightly as they walked side by side down the staircase.
_______________________________________

"Adrien, Adrien!" Gabriel called out, his son wasn't in his bedroom.

They rushed down to his office, panic stricken.

"Adrien!" Nathalie sighed in relief as she layed eyes upon the younger blonde in the room.

"Adrien, what are you doing in here?" Gabriel asked sternly.

"I-I came in here to tell you that, I don't want to go on the trip." Adrien's voice suddenly came out sternly.

Nathalie quirked a single brow as Gabriel shouted at his son, something was off about him.

Nathalie looked down shortly and saw that Gabriel was trying to twist his ring but it wasn't there anymore, she knew that the ring controlled the boy,

She grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly before letting go,

"Adrien, its time to go now." She lifted her hand with the ring up to her glasses and pretended to adjust them.

"Yes, Nathalie." Adrien frowned.

"Goodbye, sir." Nathalie smiled as she left the room with Adrien.

The risk in her mind begged her to say 'I love you, Gabriel. Goodbye'.

She wanted to kiss him, she wanted to kiss him, but she refused the risk her mind begged her to take.

She'd be gone for months, it would be cruel to leave him after saying that she loves him.

"That's exactly why you should do it, girl. Leave him wanting more." Her bestfriend, Penny's voice rang through her mind.

She shook her head subtly, shaking her bestfriend's voice out of her head.

"Nathalie, wait." He called after her, Adrien was already sitting in the car, waiting.

Nathalie turned around and looked him dead in the eye.

He took her hand softly and pulled her out of view from anyone else.

He pulled her into his office and shut the door behind him.

He sighed deeply, he was as close as he could be without their faces squashing together.

He brushed a strand of loose hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Nathalie was looking up at him and stared into his eyes, deeply, searching for something.

"You're going to be gone for months," Gabriel whispered huskily.

"I know." Nathalie whispered back.

"So, I have to do this first." He placed a single hand onto her left cheek.

She bit her lip ever so softly, the tension between them was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

And then, he kissed her.

It was a long, passionate kiss.

He placed a hand on her lower back and the other on the back of her neck.

They both pulled away slowly, their noses were still touching, both of their lips slightly parted.

Her arms were wrapped around his neck and she was on her tippy-toes.

He now had both of his hands on her lower back.

"I've been waiting years to do that." Nathalie whispered against his lips, yearning to kiss him again.

"So have I."

"I-um, I'm gonna be late." She smiled and looked down.

"Yeah, I'll uh, I'll see you when you get back." He pulled away from her.

"Goodbye, Gabriel." She fixed her clothes and walked out of his office, closing the door behind her.

A/N: Chapter one! Enjoy <3