Fix You (New Year's Special Pt: 2/2)

Lights will guide you home.
And ignite your bones.
And I will try to fix you.

It was now time to release the lanterns into the sky.

Gabriel and Nathalie had their own and Adrien and Marinette had their own, Nathalie had purchased one for moth as well, just for the fun of it.

Then they all had one to share.

"What did you write?" Gabriel kissed the side of Nathalie's head lovingly, pulling her close.

"Well, for Moth I wrote tuna and milk." Nathalie giggled.

Gabriel rolled his eyes and smirked. "You know what I mean."

"Well, I wished for a happy and healthy little baby, for us to stay healthy, safe and for things to work out, for Adrien and Marinette, I wished that they will continue to love eachother, for them to push through." She spoke softly, watching the lanterns rise into the air.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers, kissing her passionately.

"Happy New Year, my love." He grinned.

"You too, Gabriel." She smiled, elbowing him slightly and gesturing over to the cat.

"And to you too, Moth." He grumbled, the kitten meowed back at him making Nathalie giggle.

"How could I forget? Happy New Year, my little prince or princess. It's your first." Gabriel laughed, kneeling infront of her to wish their unborn baby a Happy New Year.

Nathalie smiled and looked down at the two, then looking behind her to gaze at the teenagers.

She smirked as she watched the two kiss as if there was no tomorrow, she noticed the teenaged girl smile through the kiss making her smile too, she loved seeing them happy.
____________________________________________

They were now back at home, Nathalie was absentmindedly stroking her belly as the kitten slept beside her.

"What you said earlier, about you hoping that we work out. Why is that? Why do you think we won't?"

She shrugged, still looking down at her belly.

"Nathalie...talk to me, sweetheart." He whispered, cupping her cheek and lifting her head up to look at him.

"I just....it never made sense to me how you got over Emilie so fast after years of trying to revive her, I-." She paused, thinking about how she would word what she was going to say next.

"I sometimes wonder if you even truly love me, and you aren't just using me until you've got back Emilie." She whispered, tears streaming now her face at a rapid pace now.

"Oh, Nathalie...." He whispered, pulling her into his arms, allowing her to cling onto him as she sobbed desperately.

"I j-just don't want to get my h-hopes up and t-then you go a-and leave m-me and o-our c-child." She stammered between sobs.

"I would never do that to you, I love you so much, Nathalie." He kissed her closed eyes and wiped away her tears before pulling her back in and stroking her back comfortingly.

"I love you too." Nathalie cried, fanning her face to try and cool it as she felt her ears burn.

After calming down a bit she spoke up again.

"Y'know what would make me feel better?" She hid her face in his chest so he wouldn't see the mischievous smile on her face.

"What?" Gabriel whispered, kissing the top of her head, still stroking her back.

"If you would pet Moth and tell her you love her." Nathalie now grinned, pulling away to see his face.

He looked at her with squinted eyes, a miserable looking on his face.

"Seriously?"

Nathalie nodded, she could barely cotain herself.

He grumbled something incoherent, climbing off the bed and over to where the kitten lay.

"She's making me do this, I don't mean it." He whispered to the cat, glaring at her fiercely.

He hesitantly pet the cat and begrudgingly whispered, "I love you, Moth."

"What? I couldn't quite hear you." Nathalie smirked.

"I said, I love you, Moth." He spoke much louder and clearer now, in order to not have to say it again. Nathalie broke into a guffaw, clapping her hands together excitedly.

"We'll see who's laughing soon." Gabriel smirked, getting up and walking over to her, taking both of her wrists into one hand and lifting her leg with the other.

"I'm sorry." She giggled.

"Not good enough." He smirked back, kissing her savagely.

Nathalie continued laughing into the kiss, making Gabriel laugh too, and soon the two began to laugh uncontrollably, staying up for hours after joking and laughing like idiots.

A/N: okay, also a bit late, I know, but I've been at the beach all day with my mother, her best friend and her son so i had no time to write😭 I apologize🙏🏼. Hopefully this made up for it. <3