Gilded Lily

Haven't I given enough, given enough?
Always the fool with the slowest heart.

"Oh, Nathalie..." Penny sighed audibly as Nathalie collapsed in her arms, mentally scorning Gabriel for even doing such a thing. 'He's such an idiot.' She thought.

"I-I don't even know what I did, Penny. I mean I-" She was interrupted by her own sob.

"Shh, it's all goonna work it, you're going to be okay. Alright?"

Nathalie nodded subtly, tears still rolling down her now rosy cheeks.

They then saw miraculous ladybugs swarm outside and they knew that the attack was over. But that only made Nathalie more upset, why did he do that, why didn't he tell her?

"I can't do this, Pen." Nathalie sobbed into her chest, her heart aching at the mere thought of him. How could she have been so stupid?

"Yes you can, this isn't the end of the world. Yes, it will hurt for a while, but you're going to be okay. You don't need him." Penny stroked her hair gently, cupping her face in her hands.

"You will be okay."

"No, I can't do this without him."

Penny sighed, not saying anything further as she knew that she'd do the exact same for Jagged.

"How about this, we'll go out for some pastries from the Dupain-Cheng bakery and we'll open a bottle of wine and forget about that loser, how's that sound?" Penny stroked her back, smiling sympathetically.

"Great, actually." Nathalie giggled, wiping her eyes.

"Okay, let's go, I'll drive." Penny smirked getting up and pulling her up with her.

A/N: Short but don't worry because a few more are coming after this <3