Firework (New Years Special Pt: 1/2)

You just gotta ignite the light,
And let it shine.
Just own the night,
Like the Fourth of July.

'Cause baby, you're a firework!
Come on, show 'em what you're worth!
Make 'em go, "Oh, oh, oh".
As you shoot across the sky,
Baby, you're a firework!
Come on, let your colors burst!
Make 'em go, "Oh, oh, oh".
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe.

"Let's go to the arc de triomphe this year, to watch the fireworks." Nathalie smiled, petting the small, purring kitten as it lay on her growing belly, cuddling into her unborn child.

Gabriel was too busy glaring at the kitten to even notice that she speaking to him.

"Gabriel." She laughed, tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention away from the kitten.

"Hm? What? Are you okay?" Gabriel sat up quickly, cupping her cheek with his right hand and the part of her belly the cat wasn't covering with his left.

"I'm fine." She giggled, "I was just saying that we should go to the arc de triomphe this year to watch the fireworks."

"Is that what you want?" He stroked her cheek gently.

"Yes, I've always only watched them from here but I'd like to go closer, and then you, me and Adrien could release a lantern with out wishes for the new year." She smiled, placing her hand over his.

He smiled widely at the thought, "Okay! I'll reserve a nice spot for us."

"You can't reserve a spot, Gabriel." She laughed, rolling her eyes as she realized how rich he actually was to think that you could reserve a spot for fireworks.

He furrowed his brows.

"Really?"

"Yes, really! Not all of us are rich, Gabriel." She rolled her eyes once again.

He shrugged.

"I'll find a way." He kisses her on the forehead softly.

"In the meantime, I'll make some of my famous pancakes that everyone loves!" He grinned, making Nathalie smile painfully.

"Y'know, maybe we should keep off of the pancakes for a while."

"Why?" Gabriel frowned.

"No reason, it's fine, make them, Honey."

Gabriel smiled like a teenaged boy at the nickname she gave him.

"I'll be back shortly, my dear. Stay right where you are." He kissed her very tenderly before rushing off again.

"Okay." Nathalie whispered, smiling almost stupidly.
____________________________________________

Nathalie almost gagged as she carefully began to chew the tasteless, dry, yet raw in the middle, pancakes.

They were horrifying.

"Wow, Gabe, these are truly mortifyi- monumental." Nathalie lied through gritted teeth, giving him a small smile as she swallowed the piece of pancake.

Gabriel smiled at her, giving her another kiss.

"I'm glad you like them."

Nathalie nodded, forcing a smile.

"We should be getting ready to leave now, it's nearing midnight." She said, gazing at the clock on the wall.

"You're right, I'll pack some to go, I don't want you to he hugry."

Nathalie nodded carefully, slipping a pancake to the cat while he was looking away.

Moth simply sniffed the pancake and jumped off of the bed, walking away.

Nathalie slapped her hand over her mouth to hold in her laugh at the kittens' antics.
____________________________________________

Gabriel somehow managed to aquire tickets for their own private booth to watch the fireworks.

"How did you do this?" Nathalie whispered in awe as they were carried a bit into the air in their booth, in order to get a better view.

"I have my ways." He grinned, eyeing the woman he loved as she stared at the arc de triomphe, which presently was surrounded by people and blue and red lights.

A countdown being projected onto the ancient building.

Adrien and Marinette sat closely behind them, chatting the night away as they waited for midnight to strike.

They decided to bring along Moth as Gabriel had booked a soundproof booth so they wouldn't be too disrupted by the pops.

Besides, they didn't want to leave her home alone so soon, and mainly because Gabriel didn't trust the cat in question to not ruin his house.

"Oh, it's starting, it's starting!" Marinette squealed, sitting up quickly.

"Oh, Gabriel look!" Nathalie gushed as it seemed as if hundreds of fireworks had burst in the air.

"It's so beautiful." Adrien smiled widely, their eyes sparkling in all the light.

Moth meowed next to them, clawing at the glass.

"Oh, come here, sweetie." Nathalie cooed, picking up the kitten and cradling her.

Gabriel grumbled under his breath and pulled his fianceé closer.

Nathalie giggled at his jealously as it was towards a literal kitten.

Moth looked up at him and meowed happily, snuggling closer into Nathalie, purring and pushing her paws into the young woman, as if she were rubbing in the fact that she got to snuggle Nathalie and he didn't.

Adrien and Marinette broke into a guffaw at the look on Gabriel's face. He looked absolutley gobsmacked, now truly believing that this cat was evil incarnate.

Nathalie shook her head smiling, looking into the sky, admiring the sight before her as she listened to the laughter of the boy she considered her son and his girlfriend, and the whispering of her soon-to-be husband as he told off their little kitten.

A/N: It's 1:48 am here on the second of January but I figured even though it's late it should still be out💀 a part two to this will be out when i wake up tomorrow, or today rather🫶🏼