Here With Me

I don't care how long it takes.
As long as I'm with you I've got a smile on my face.

"It's so gorgeous." Nathalie grinned, watching as her best friend gawked over her ring, still in a daze from the proposal.

"I'm so happy for you." Natalie spoke again, wrapping one arm around her.

"Will you be my maid of honour?" Penny asked suddenly, looking up from her ring and into Nathalie's eyes.

Nathalie's eyes widened, an almost shocked smile on her face.

"What? Of course! That's not even a question, Pen!" She hugged Penny tightly, the two smiling brightly.

"Come on, get up! We're going window shopping." Nathalie grinned, jumping up.

"Seriously?" Penny smirked.

"Seriously." Nathalie nodded.
____________________________________________

"Oh, look at that one!" Nathalie pointed at a gorgeous, elegant, flowy, white wedding dress in the window.

Penny gave her a look that said 'really?'.

"You know what, you're so picky, why don't you just design it. Better yet, let Gabriel do it, he kind of has a thing for fashion y'know, and he is just as picky as you." Nathalie joked.

Penny rolled her eyes at that, "You have a point, I'm sure he'd be able to do something for me."
____________________________________________

It wasn't long before they'd arrived at the mansion.

"Gabriel! We're back!" Nathalie called out, no response.

"Gabriel?!" She called out again, once again, no response.

"What about his office?" Penny thought aloud.

"Good idea, let's go."

Walking up to the door, Nathalie felt as if something was off, she just couldn't shake the feeling.

"Gabriel, I'm home." She spoke softly, knocking on the door.

"Give me a minute!" They heard him yell from inside.

"Okay!" Nathalie yelled back.

"Come in!"

Nathalie opened the door and the two women walked in, papers were scattered al about.

"What happened in here?" Nathalie laughed uncertainly.

"Just work," He answered simply.

"What can I do for you two?" He quickly changed the topic.

"Could you design my wedding dress?" Penny asked.

"I'd be honoured to, just come up here and we can figure out what you'd like." Gabriel smiled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Penny smiled widely, almost running up to the podium.

"Nathalie, you should go." He spoke coldly towards the young woman.

"Oh, alright, um, Pen, I'll come back later, okay?" Nathalie uttered, obviously hurt by the way he treated her.

"Oh, okay, yeah, I'll see you later, Nath." She smiled gently.

Nathalie quickly walked away, closing the door behind her.

Nathalie walked up the stairs, questioning and going through everything that happened in the past few days, trying to uncover what she did wrong.

Feeling tears gather in her eyes, she decided to leave it there and ask him about it later, maybe he had a bad day? She didn't know but she seriously hoped she hadn't done anything.

A/N: sorry for what's about to happen💀