CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE- TWO WEEKS WITHOUT HIM

Heloyse

"And you said 'no'?"
"Of course, Sky!" I cannot accept what he wants. This is ridiculous.
“Well, I agree, dear.
- But...?
“But I also admit that knowing that Will asked to spend time with someone… It's weird. I mean, you did that - she said turning red - and I wanted to kill him when I found out he was gone, without even talking to you. Still, I always knew he didn't spend a lot of time with the same woman.
- Clear! He doesn't "recycle" dates with women he treats like garbage.
“Lisy, I know what Johnson told you about Will is awful and the scene with Mary made him look like a villain. But, Will is not a bad guy. He's just lost in this life. He's a man who, by the way, likes sex a lot - she blushed again - but he's afraid to relate. And despite all that, he's good.
“You say that because he was Martin's best friend and he helped them. This is wonderful. Only I can't submit to a person like that. I also, like him, don't want a relationship and so I'm not in the mood to rub myself around.
“Lisy, I'm not saying accept what he proposed. That would be against my principles. I just want you to know that he's not a good man just because he helped us or was friends with our son. I just want you to see who he really is. Will needs help. Life was not easy for him. He's just afraid to get attached and then end up alone. I know that.
— Well, I don't want to get attached either, so I prefer to stay where I am. No hassle for my head.
“You two are so alike. Both afraid of ending up alone, although, he doesn't admit it. One more reason to be together.
skyshe put the cake tin in the oven and wiped her hands on her apron. She pulled up a chair and joined me.
“I still can't believe he told you about Wallace.
- So it is! But there's something else he wouldn't tell me.
“You can be sure that was a huge start. You're messing with his head. He doesn't talk about his life to anyone.
“What did his parents die from?”
skyhe lowered his gaze and took a deep breath. She looked at me for a while before finally answering.
"I've already told you that I don't feel entitled to tell you anything." But, the thing is, Will felt he could share something with you. Doesn't that make you feel special?
I wasn't special to him. I thought I would be, but his attitudes said otherwise.
— At the moment, the only thing I feel is sadness.

🇧🇷

Two weeks went by and even my bones felt like they ached. Call me dramatic if you want.
I wanted him more every day. I would lie down and close my eyes trying to remember the touch of his hands on my skin. And those nights were so hard. There were days when I let the bath water wash away all my tears until my fingers were wrinkled. I couldn't repeat the same mistake I made with Michael. I wouldn't go to his door, beg for love.
I was so tired of being alone. So tired of loving in vain. Time was passing and I didn't see happiness at the end of the road. I didn't see him in her.
I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Then I sat down and decided to go out for a while. I reached under the bed for shoes and felt something cold under my fingers. I pulled it out and saw the gold medallion with the letter "A" hanging from a black cord. It was the string he always wore under some blouse.
I remember that he took it off with his wet clothes and when we went to sleep, he put it on the table.
Damn it! Remembering that night was painful.
I wondered what that "A" stood for. Was it someone Will loved? Has he ever loved any woman in this life? I took the chain with the locket and put it inside a drawer.
A noise caught my attention. I ran to the door and that's when I saw his truck. He got out of the vehicle and stared at me, as if trying to work up the courage to say something to me.
- How is it going? - he asked.
“I was doing fine. Is that you? I replied, my heart pounding fast.
He walked over and stopped in front of me.
“I'm glad you were, because I've been through hell since you left that farm.” He touched my cheek. - I missed you.
"Took you two weeks to miss me?"
- Not. It took two weeks for me to lose control and come after you. It was the worst weeks I've ever had.
And saying that, he kissed me.