•Growing Anxiety•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N and Hermione currently with Harry and Ron in the Great Hall, doing an essay for Snape, while Snape supervised them.

Y/N: So... Did you two find a partner yet?
He asked.

Harry&Ron: Nope.
They both said.

That's when a paper ball hit Ron in the head. He opened it, read it, and then turned to look at Fred.

Ron: Do you have a partner?
He whispered.

Fred winked at him, and then tossed a paper ball at Angelina.

She turned around, glaring daggers at him.

He then asked her if she wanted to go to the hall with him, and surprisingly, she said yes.

Both Harry and Ron then looked at Hermione, and Y/N knew exactly what they were thinking.

Ron: Hermione...
He said.
Hermione: Hm?
She said, not looking at him.

Ron: You're a girl.
He stated.

Y/N tried his best to suffocate his laughs, but in the end, he got up, and handed his essay to Snape, who gave him a look of superiority.

He then saw an angry Hermione do the same. She then roughly grabbed him by the arm, and carried him away, not even paying attention to his protests.

Hermione: I'll find you a partner for the ball at all costs!
She furiously said.

But that was the biggest lie she had ever told.

In the following days, she had completely vanished, and Y/N didn't even try to search for her.

He too was busy after all.

He now desperately wanted to find a partner, mostly because he now was the only Gryffindor who still didn't have one.

And it all made his anxiety grow exponentially.

But he had already tried everyone he knew, and none of them wanted to go to the ball with him, and he refused to ask a younger student.

There was only one chance left.
The only Gryffindor that still hadn't got a partner, except for him.

However, he had swore to himself to never ask her, even if she was the last girl on earth.

Y/N: Ugh, I don't want a two-months detention, though. WHY IS THIS SHIT HAPPENING TO ME? WHY CAN'T I GO ALONE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE?
He thought, as he got in the Common Room.

He sighed, as he looked around nervously.
His target was right there, right in front of him.

Y/N: I can't believe I'm gonna do this.
He thought, as he walked towards her.

She raised her eyes, and looked at him.
Y/N: Lavender... would you like to be my partner for the ball?
He asked, refusing to believe such words escaped from his mouth.

A huge grin spread all over her face.
Lavender: Of course.
She said happily.

He sighed in relief.
Y/N: Thank you.
He just said.

He then headed straight to the dorms, and jumped on his bed.

Y/N: Once this shit ends, I have to decipher that message. The clock is ticking. I can't wait for this whole tournament to finally end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
510 words.