Chapter 31 Emma's perspective

I'll start by saying I'm so glad you guys liked the last chapter! See, I did get them back together eventually!

I'M NOT THAT MEAN! Aha.

I just thought I'd say I've been feeling slightly down over the last week, let's just say things just keep going wrong and I'm very unlucky...it's pretty personal. But you're comments and messages really make me smile so thank you!

For this chapter you may want to revisit the very first chapter, as it is related to the events that happened...enough said. I hope you like it! (The picture is of Emma, I picked it because it relates to this chapter...kinda. As I said, chapter 1 reference :) )

Only one chapter+epilogue (and QnA and Final Author's Note) to go! :(

I love you all so much :)

I'll stop waffling now! Aha

-Lx
---
Hazel POV

I stumble forward as my shoe gets caught in the drain, I'm thrown forward but Dan's hand slips around my arm to steady me as he tries not to laugh.

"Oh fucking hell" I curse loudly, causing several posh looking art critics in the car park to turn my way and stare.

"Careful now" Dan whispers reassuringly, ssh-ing me as I begin to fume, he rubs his hand on my back as Matt sniggers.

"Classic Hazel" he chuckles, shaking his head at me as I glare at him, he raises his hands in defence.

"Watch it Lloyd" I hiss at him; Dan and Matt glance at each other and both start tittering quietly, I roll my eyes and carefully lift my red high heel out of the grate.

Dan links his arm around mine and we start to walk the last part of the carpark towards the art expedition centre. Matt walks to our side with his hands stuffed into his black jean pockets, a slight breeze blows and he pulls his smart blazer around himself.

"Third wheeling like a pro over here" he smirks as we both turn to look at him. I roll my eyes as Dan opens his mouth, probably to say something apologetic.

"Don't complain, we're back together! That's what you wanted isn't it?"

"Yeah, I organised that song by the way, knew it would work" he smiles cockily.

"And besides, nothing has changed, I still see you every day and talk to you like before"

"True, I just...you're all in couples"

"Well then. We'll have to find you someone won't we" Dan adds, smiling at me as I giggle and Matt rolls his eyes.

"I don't think I'm ready yet, that's the next step after becoming a better person. Which thanks to Hazel, I managed to achieve"

"Don't flatter me" I laugh at him, he looks at me seriously, his forehead creasing.

"Hey, I mean it"

"Thanks" I beam at him as Dan walks ahead to the door, he pushes it open and holds it open for the two of us.

***

"Guys! You made it! I'm so glad you came!" Emma squeaks as soon as she spots us, she bounces over on her toes looking very excited.

"Well we would wouldn't we?! Even if Dan and I weren't the one's posing for your painting! We're all here to support you Emma"

She smiles and hugs me strongly, I gasp at her almost-deathly grip and laugh nervously.

"I don't think I'll win" she shakes her head, looking crestfallen "The talent this year is really stupendous"