Chapter 10 Deep breaths for both of us

Guess who's ill?
Yup. So I'm at home and I've come over a certain music video about 6 times today...great. So I am updating earlier than I thought due to me being ill.

In the authors note, I think I said that I would recommend certain songs for you guys to listen to or that just fit the chapter. So I 'm going to start doing that.

You could be happy- Snow Patrol

Okay, so I used this in a new edit on my instagram.

Also, you guys are seriousl anazing, your suddenly gone all twilight on me and started creating 'teams' so we have team Dan and team Matt. Wow guys! Don't believe me? Check the comments on the last chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel POV

I side step my way down the aisle, running my hand over each book in this particular row of bookshelves. I need to finish some coursework that is due in on Monday because I have lifeguarding at the weekend.

Not tonight though. Tonight's Friday, I tried to look for Josh earlier but he was nowhere to be seen. Ollie and Emma are off to watch Mockingjay in the cinema and so here I am, in the library.

I finally find the book I need on Stalin and the communist strategies to gain Berlin. The thick book is heavy in my hand and covered in dust and I drop it, just missing my feet as I jump back, it makes a loud thump and a cloud of dust rises making me cough and splutter.

I hear hurried footsteps as an angry looking old lady appears, pushing her wire rimmed glasses up her bony noise and flaring her nostrils.

"Mr Foster!" she whispers loudly, shaking her small and wrinkled fist at me. "Pick that up and please be quiet!" she eyes the book and I pick it up carefully, she then nods curtly and scurries away.

"Dan thank god, there you are, I've been looking all over" says a voice behind me.

I look over my shoulder to see Josh standing there, looking rather frantic with fidgeting hands and wide eyes.

"Josh? I couldn't find you anywhere!"

"Come on, take the book out, I need to talk to you"

I follow him, smiling weakly at the librarian as she stamps the book for me, I carry it under my arm as walk across campus.

"Josh hold on" I say, grabbing his arm and yanking him back. I look up at the sky, it's getting dark, and I need to be home as soon as I can, but I'd rather know now.

He looks at me, lip quivering slightly. He looks to the floor and shakes his head, blonde hair moving out of position so he reaches up to move it back.

"What's wrong Josh?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow as I lean my back against a tree, my arms folded over my chest.

"Do you know Matt Lloyd?" he asks, a weird concern in his eyes.

I think for a minute, looking back through all the children in my old classes and school clubs.

Matt. Matthew. Matthew Lloyd.

"Nope"

"Well I do and he's not got a very good repetition. He's been known to mess about with girls and he has always been drunk of his head whenever I've seen him, which is pretty much every party, I've ever been to. He's in our English lit class"

"Right, and what has he got to do with you?"

"Well not that much anymore if you think about it"