Chapter 5 Ghosts, Ghouls and Drunken Fools

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I won't keep you guys long here so you can read, but I just thought I'd ask (I KNOW NOT AGAIN) but I very nearly made an instagram account for my wattpad yesterday, if you still me to do it, let me know because I'm still on edge about it.

Also THANKS DAD for helping me come up with a chapter name for this, i just told hm i had written a chapter about a halloween party and because he's all intelligent and WAY more creative than me, he came up with this! WOOO THANK YOU DAD.

Alright...feeing random.

Let me know what you think! I've been doubting it again...

- Lauren :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hazel POV

The dull buzz of my phone wakes me from my sleep and I let out a loud groan. Pulling the white blankets closer towards me and over my head.
I roll over and I open my eyes to squint at my bedside table, my white iPhone is illuminated by the bright white screen on my bedside table, everything else you can only just make out the shape of due to the darkness of my room.

1 new Message

I roll my eyes as I steadily shift myself into a sitting position, stretching all my muscles and bones. I curl three fingers around the edge of one of my crème curtains and I pull it back carefully.
It looks bitterly cold out; even Murray, who sits beside Mrs Green's ginger tom Charlie, looks cold. He looks up at me as I tap my fingernails against the double panned glass and his mouth opens in what I hope is a greeting but I can't hear it, I stupidly wave in response and then I let myself collapse against the oh so inviting and comfortable mattress.

I rub at my sleepy eyes and stretch out a hand towards my iPhone, after a few attempts, I grasp it and pull it towards my vision.

Daniel Foster <3- Morning beautiful, sorry if I woke you, I'm making waffles for Ellie and was wondering if you wanted to come and have breakfast with me? Ellie's off to Robin's in 10 so it should be just us xx

I smile at the screen sleepily and taking my time, I tap a reply on the keypad.

Sounds great Dan, be there soon as I can x

I hit send and wait patiently for the little swooping sound, which signals me it has sent, and then I nod to myself and make my way to the bathroom.
I examine my reflection very carefully, absorbing every flaw. The faint freckle on my chin; the darker specks of brown in my eyes, the one strand of my hair that will never be tamed and so on. Dan always complains and says that I am 'perfectly imperfect' or something like that.

Oh! And you might be wondering, about Dan and I... Well everything seems to be going okay, I don't think he knows, and things are going normally and everything is fine.

In fact, we are both going as vampires tonight for the Halloween party, sort of sorted out by my college but held at some hall down the road.

A knock on the door makes me spin in a circle to see Mum standing there, in her fluffy little dressing gown and a make-up free face, she smiles at me and then leans against the white tiled wall.

"Morning Haze, can I get you anything for breakfast?"

"No thanks Mum, Dan asked me over for waffles"

"Oh how sweet (she clasps her hands together in delight) so what's the plan?"

"Well, I'm going to head over there now, just in this, and then we might watch a movie or meet up with someone, I don't know, but then I'll get back, have a bath, blow dry my hair and straighten it and get to work with my make-up, tube of fake blood and costume"