Chapter 1 Cherry Lipgloss

YAY I'M BACK!

Uh, it feels nice to be back, I've got to be honest, I'm a little nervous about it, but then again I am a nervous person.

I got such wonderful responses on my last book and I was so happy that so many of you liked my work! I've got 200 followers now which is just crazy!

Anyway, I really experimented with this chapter and I stayed up late writing it on my iPhone notes.

I hope you like it!

Lauren :D

-------------

Daniel POV

Her unique set of oak ended brushed lay in the small wooden tray, besides the small, glass jars of acrylics. Her brush dabs at the white canvas, her pale hands are splattered with dark green and light blue paint and the right one grips a thinner brush.

With every brush stroke she makes she finds something wrong and edits it. Letting the fine hairs of the brush reshape the original stroke.

One of those hands that I mentioned, is raised by the owner to brush some fly-away hairs from her face, her bright blue eyes scan over her work and she looks up over her shoulder at her teacher, his opinion meaning everything to her and her passion to paint.

Her teacher, a Middle aged and rather fussy man, curls a rather wrinkled finger around his greying moustache. His grey eyes are narrowed and stern as he surveys her painting. Her face looks nervous and her body seems to cower at his artistic experience and she craves his opinion.

His shaggy brown-grey hair moves as he nods and smiles at her, his teeth yellowing and crooked. She grins in reply and he pats her purple-covered shoulder and limps away, he limps due to a bad knee from last summer, but nonetheless he can walk to the other art pupils.

Even from behind the double glazed glass the colours of her painting are bold and stand out from all the other paintings that people are painting around her. She paints a sea side scene with half of a sandy bank at one side that has the occasional spurt of a green plant, striped beach huts are sketched on the left side and in the centre two people sit on a stone wall in front of the sea. They're both smiling even though you can't see their faces and I know this because I was one of the people posing when she originally sketched it. Along with Hazel of course.

A sigh besides me turns my attention to Ollie, his stubbly chin resting on his hand as he gazes at Emma. His eyes seem to have clouded over and he's in his own little world were his imagination can take him through his wildest fantasies.

But hey I'm not complaining, I've been there.

It's no secret that Ollie has a thing for Emma, we haven't known her long but Hazel seemed to take a shine to her and soon she was part of us, a part of who we are and one of our mates.

"She's so...perfect" Ollie says, I roll my eyes and he goes to moving both of his hands to use as a resting place for his chin, like a 5 year old girl with ponytails.

At that sudden mental image, I can't help but smirk and make a odd noise from the back of my throat.

Ollie snaps his head up, his blue eyes swimming back to reality as he blinks several times. An angry expression crosses his face as he glares at me.

"Are you laughing at me, Dan?" He raises his voice slightly, shifting forward in the black plastic chair.

"No, I just thought of something funny" I reply, looking away from his vicious glare to glance back through the glass.