Chapter 7 The conclusion

If you haven't already, and would like to, I have made an edit to go along with this chapter on my instagram account @campervangirl2000 :)

Sorry for not updating sooner :)

Enjoy isn't the right word so...I hope it's okay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazel POV

"One cinnamon spiced tea" I say, smiling as convincingly as I can as I serve the old man, who by all means is not the person on my mind right now and the way I feel is not his fault, so I'm trying hard to hold everything in and not take it out on the customers

"Thank you Hazel" he replies, his brown eyes skipping quickly to my small name tag.

Gavin pats my shoulder as he walks over to the expresso machine and loads it up with more coffee beans from a new sack, delivered only this morning by a rather grumpy, red-haired, delivery man.

"What was that for Gav?" I question, raising an eyebrow as I fold my arms and lean against the counter.

He turns and smiles, pressing the bean container shut and moving on to re-supply the milk.

"You seem down"

"I am down"

"I don't understand why though"

I roll my eyes and sigh as I turn away from him, I pick up the piece of chalk by the large blackboard behind me and I begin to write up the new selection of Christmas cakes that, in my opinion, are being served too early.

"You wouldn't understand" I reply, blowing away the white dust and wiping the black panel again.

"I just...you have a nice group of friends, an okay job, you go to a good college, have good grades, both your parents are employed, you're about to become an auntie and you have a great stable relationship with your boyfriend!"

I freeze at the last part, my hand stops writing and I anxiously turn to look at him, worried that he may have noticed. To realise he has been watching my every move, my eyes widen and I turn back to the board.

"Hazel, is there something you want to tell me?" he questions, and when I turn my head to look at him he looks generally concerned. His blue eyes narrowed in confusion, his arms folded over his maroon-coloured shirt.

I sigh, huffing loudly and moving some of the losses strands of my dark hair from my messy ponytail away from my face.

"Honestly Gavin, no, it isn't something I want to tell you" I respond, unfolding the step ladder so that I can write higher with the chalk.

"Okay I understand that, but something is bothering you. Can you at least give me some sort of idea?"

I groan and roll my eyes once more. Leaning against the wall slightly as I put the chalk down for a minute.

"Fine, well something has been on my mind recently"

"To do with the Josh and Kirsty thing?"

"Sort-of"

If I tell him the whole thing then he will definitely freak out.

"Continue"

"Yeah, well, I have this sort of...thing to do...and I don't know what to do" I say anxiously, twisting my hands together to try and hide my nerves. His expression is one of confusion as he shakes his head at me.