Prologue

Hallooo! I decided to turn my oneshot Escape into a book. This first one is just an introduction to Wilbur and the trauma he went through, so that I can run the story smoothly. I recommend reading this one, or don't, but it'll be confusing. 

For all the newcomers, hi, I'm Bread and I go by she/her. 

Enjoy!

In the Gold household there were several rules. Of course, these only applied to the child William, or Wilbur as he preferred. He was a tall 14-year-old boy, with brown fluffy hair and a very charming smile. But those being his good traits, he also had bad ones. Wilbur was extremely skinny, and his full body was covered in bruises and scars.

In school he got lucky. His class was one where everyone was friends (mutuals, tolerated) with each other. There were no queen bees, no "bad boys" and no bullies. No hierarchy, the groups were created according to who felt like being together.

Eating: Only allowed dinner and must be eaten at the table with his parents. Be quiet unless spoken too and eat whatever you're served. The food will be measured and cooked by his parents so that he doesn't gain weight. 

Talking back: The one who talks back has a death wish. Whatever his parents say he may only answer in "yes, sir/ma'am" "no, sir/ma'am)", but a simple nod is preferred. 

Fighting back: Has never been tried, would probably result in his death.

Grades: A's are good and would result in praise, the times where his report card was aced, he received a pat on the shoulder or at times, a small hug. B's were acceptable - no punishment nor praise. C's were not good, Wilbur would go to bed that day with a stinging cheek. Everything under C was absolutely unacceptable. He was seen as a disgrace and disappointment, food wasn't earned, but a beating was. 

Asking for stuff: He's spoiled and doesn't deserve anything if he isn't happy with what he has.

Not accepting what he's given: He's ungrateful.

If any of these rules are broken, there would be punishments, all the way from a slap, to drowning, to a full-on beating.

I just realised this sounds more like a file than a prologue but yolo.