Chapter 36 - "Dad"

Short fluff for my lovelies <3

Time skip of about a week btw!

TWs

Mentions selfharm

Wilbur felt so spent. It had been a rough day in school, and nothing seemed to go his way. They switched seats, the class was loud - as were the teachers - and he couldn't concentrate.

So when the exhausted boy entered the house 16.03 on a Friday and saw Phil standing in the kitchen with one cup of tea for himself and one hot chocolate for Wilbur his heart practically melted.

It hadn't been an easy week, Wilbur had been struggling with staying clean, the withdrawals making him want to jump off a bridge.

He would stay up late at night, not being able to sleep. Anxiety and anger rushed through him and sometimes Phil had to stay with him to make sure he didn't do anything. And then when he woke up, he had to stop himself from searching through the house since his newly bought razors had been confiscated.

He was always angry, sometimes he couldn't even get out of bed since all his energy was spent on not relapsing.

Techno was still adjusting to his new medicine, but finally had the energy to go spend the day with a friend.

"Hiya mate!" Phil greeted. Wilbur gave a tired smile in response. Phil knew the teen appreciated it, so he didn't mind the silence.

"Just thought that since this week has been... interesting we could just take some time to rest and enjoy ourselves." he was very softspoken which Wilbur appreciated. The younger nodded before heading upstairs.

He changed into more comfortable clothes consisting of Phil's old pair of jeans, which were way too big, and an oversized T-shirt. It was probably his favourite thing to wear, and though he looked like a younger and British version of Jesse Pinkman he still somehow made it look good.

When entering the living room Phil was already sat there, TV on and remote at the table, blankets and pillows for the both of them and the drinks ready.

Wilbur sat down beside him and leaned into the other's side; he had been craving touch an awful lot lately. The remote was handed to him, and he immediately went onto Netflix to choose a movie.

A smile formed on Phil's face; he was happy his son was comfortable in the house now, not as scared of doing anything wrong. Sure, he was always trying to be quiet when doing something and tried to stay out of the way.

He had also warmed up more to Dream and George after their second visit, and could now be in on the taunting conversations. Mostly thanks to Schlatt who made in clear that mean comments are also a way of expressing love if okay with everyone.

He pressed onto 'Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight'. He had seen it before, it was probably one of his favourite movies. And though the violence made him a little uncomfortable he still relished in the scary plot.

The beverage tasted sweet with a tint of bitterness, just how he liked it. A content sigh left him, he finally felt at peace, no longer having to fight the thoughts. He had relapsed a day ago, one week of being clean wasted.

But it was progress, and that had to be something. 

Around an hour into the movie Wilbur felt himself grown so incredibly tired. He hadn't slept properly for a week and the dark circles under his eyes confirmed this.

Being wrapped up in a fluffy blanked whilst being hugged by Phil was amazing, and on top of that the sweet and warm feeling from the hot chocolate made him feel content with life. He snuggled a bit further into the adult's side who began messing with his hair.

Everything was perfect, and for once Wilbur was completely happy.

"Thank you, dad." he spoke.

Phil looked down at his son, tears welling in his eyes. "No problems, son." he answered, but the other was already fast asleep.

This was so short, only 650 or so words, but it's fluff and heartwarming. Things are taking a turn. One more fluff chapter before a bomb of angst, so be happy with what you get.

- Bread