Chapter 18 - To trust

What to write????

TWs

Mentions of ED

Wilbur woke up due to noise downstairs. Memories of yesterday came flooding back. Breakfast, the 'incident', lunch (which he hadn't managed to eat) and dinner that went fairly okay.

He knew he was supposed to go downstairs for breakfast, but anxiety filled his body as he remembered what day it was. He was going to be home alone with Phil.

He knew he was overreacting; Phil had promised to never hurt him. But still...

A knock on the door caused his breath to hitch. "Y-yes?" It opened and Phil entered. "Glad to see you're awake. Would you like to join me and Techno for breakfast?"

Wilbur held back a scoff, of course he didn't. But more time with Techno meant less time with Phil only. He nodded, before shakily standing up and following the other downstairs.

"Morning." Techno said. Wilbur nodded and sat down. "So Wilbur, what are we having today? Toast, cereal, or porridge?" Phil said from behind the counter.

Porridge would probably be the least calories if eaten plainly. After all it's only wheat and water. "Porridge is good."

Phil nodded before getting to work. One decilitre oats and two decilitres water, and a pinch of salt. When it was poured up in a bowl it looked way too much.

It was placed in front of him making his stomach twist. Soon, a spoon joined the bowl. He picked it up, using it to swirl the contents around. He then scooped a little bit up, bringing it to his mouth and taking a bite. 

He swallowed it quickly, shaking as he did so. Guilt washed over him, thoughts racing. 

"So Techno." Phil interrupted. "Anything special happening this week?" Techno looked up at his father.

"No, not really. Mr. Jensen will probably be 'sick' as per usual. Soooooo, if you want me to leave a message to Kristin, now's your chance." he smirked. Phil rolled his eyes, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. But there was a smile that could only be seen if you looked closely.

"Shush, mate. I'm not interested in Kristin, and even if I were, I would need your acceptance. Both of you." Wilbur looked up from the food. Why would he need their acceptance? Sure, Phil knew about his mother, but that shouldn't affect anything, right? 

"Oh yeah, speaking of, she's been asking about you." Techno spoke. Wilbur raised an eyebrow, grimacing. "She was very worried and felt guilty after the whole thing." 

Wilbur almost choked on the food in his mouth but quickly swallowed it. Suddenly he had no appetite. She didn't care, she couldn't. It was just a sick way of getting closer to the Watsons. He looked down at his bowl again, continuing to eat in silence.

Phil and Techno looked at each other. Wilbur wouldn't willingly go back to eating, he would probably enjoy the distraction. So this had to be bad. A silent conversation was held, this was definitley something Phil had to bring up.

Techno then went upstairs, probably to prepare for school.

"Dad! I'm ready now, let's go." Phil stood up from the table as Techno came walking down the stairs. They said their goodbyes and then Wilbur was alone. He feared what would happen when they were alone.

Should he hide? Run? Or just wait for Phil to come home and accept his fate? Anxiety froze his body. He was stuck, having to breathe manually. 

It felt like time was rushing by but in slow motion, because before he knew it, the door was unlocked and someone entered. Wilbur shook, adrenaline running through his body. "Hiya Will! Everything okay?" Phil asked.

Wilbur nodded, quietly standing up. "Hey, I was thinking maybe we'd do something together? You know, to get your mind off of things." The younger perked up but quickly got defensive.

"Like what? What's the catch?" he said with a raised eyebrow. Phil seemed thrown back. "Mate, there is no catch, I promise. Is there anything you'd like to buy? Some unspoken hobby or..?" Wilbur's mind immediately rushed to his old guitar. 

It made him so happy. "Uhm... well- there's one thing, but it- it's not so cheap- just- never mind, it's nothing." he sighed.

Phil looked at him, intently staring at the brunette in a desperate attempt to read him. Amongst the sea of uncertainness and fear a glint of passion and despair could be seen. "Wilbur, I promise it's okay. If it so happens to be too expensive, I'll just say no. I promise." 

The two made eye contact, Phil offering a smile. "Come on, you show the way." Wilbur followed the adult outside after putting on his shoes. They sat down in the car. 

"Just drive to the mall, please." Wilbur instructed. He had seen the store when they bought him stuff, keeping an eye on one of the instruments in specific. 

"It's a bit of a drive, would you like to plug your phone in or anything?" Wilbur nodded, and proceeded to do so.

GUITAR YES YES 

I'm currently on a skiing trip, personally not skiing though. We found a cabin that allows dogs so I'm here to take care of him and enjoy myself and the nature.

Been very windy, but it has calmed down now. 

- Bread