Chapter 30 - There's actual people out there

MORE PEOPLE WOOHOO

TWs

Mentions ED, selfharm, mentions past abuse, bad body image

Anxiety was rushing through Wilbur as he stood in front of the bathroom mirror, once again retucking his black T-shirt into his pants. It never sat right, and he hated how it stuck to body, showing off his shitty look of recovery.

Somewhat happy with the results he picked up the red and black button up that laid patiently on the toilet. 

He looked back at his arms, seeing the scars and bandages covering them. They were ugly, but they were a part of him, and he found himself softly smiling at them.

With a last glance he put on the button up, making sure that all buttons were undone. He looked cool, giving off an indie rock vibe. For once he actually enjoyed seeing himself in the mirror, all it took was to ignore everything except his face and clothes.

He ruffled his hair one last time before heading back inside his room. Some family friends were coming over, though he did not bother to ask anything about them.

A knock on the door brought his attention and his breath hitched. He wasn't ready for this.

But he moved downstairs, hiding behind Techno whilst Phil opened the door. In walked two men, one blonde with green eyes and the other a brunette with brown eyes.

"Dream, George, so nice to see you! It's been a while." Phil greeted, a beaming smile on his face.

The tall blonde hugged Phil, nodded towards Techno and then his gaze landed on Wilbur who curled in on himself.

"You must be William? We've heard lots about you." 

"W-Wilbur, please..." he corrected. Fear built up inside of him, what if he angered the man by correcting him? He should've just been quiet, now he would be mad at him, what if he'd hurt him?

But the other just smiled. "Ah, okay, my bad. Hi Wilbur. I'm Dream, and this is my soon to be husband George." he turned to the other, eyes glowing with love.

A smile tugged on Wilbur's lips, this is what love should look like, no?

He took a few steps away from Techno, no longer feeling the need to hide. He made eye contact with the other male, George, and they nodded towards one another.

"Let's all get seated then, shall we? Dinner will be done any second now."

They all sat down at the table, Wilbur between Techno and Phil and the two guests on the other side.

For the first time this evening George spoke up.

"How are you adapting to this new house, Wilbur?" 

Wilbur looked up at him. "It's going well."  his accent was, once again, prominent. He couldn't tell them the whole story, that would ruin the mood and that would be rude. Maybe even anger someone.

George nodded, but studied him.

"Hmm, that's good."

Dream nudged his partner, making said person glare at him.

"George! We leave the work at work, we talked about this." he looked back up at Wilbur. "Apologies for him, he's a psychologist and has a hard time to not read people outside of the job."

Wilbur nodded, but made a mental note to keep a poker face to not risk certain... secrets to come out.

Slowly but surely their plates with food were placed in front of them. Three Hasselback potatoes, two large slices of roasted lamb, some salad and a bit of red wine sauce.