Chapter 16 - What now?

!IMPORTANT!
This chapter involves a quote about death that can be linked to suicide. I need everyone with thoughts or plans on suicide to know that, no, it is not a good way to go. There is help, you are loved and an amazing person. Please take care of yourself and reach out; there are people who want to help and that would be proud and happy about you getting better <3

TWs

ED

Wilbur's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright light. It almost felt nostalgic.

"Wilbur!" a familiar voice spoke. He flinched at the loud noise. "Thank fucking god mate, we were all so worried." Phil whispered.

Wilbur looked down on himself. There were machines and tubes attached to him. But one thing caught his attention, and his face went pale. A feeding tube had been shoved down his nose, slowly but surely pumping what Wilbur was sure was calories that would turn him into a large ball of fat in a matter of seconds.

He moved his hand up to touch it, staring at Phil in horror, betrayal, and disbelief. The older gave a sorrowful look. "Mate, please take a deep breath and I can explain..." he spoke softly.

Wilbur scoffed. "I'm fucking sorry? You- you're ruining everything! My process- it- NO! You can't do this!" he cried out in pure panic. He started to tug at the tube, wanting it out right this moment. 

Phil was quick to react, jumping forward and gripping Wilbur hands. The other quickly let go, instead retreating and trying to get away from the harsh pressure. Phil quickly let go, realising his mistake.

"I'm sorry, Will. I just- please. Can we try to let it be and I'll explain?" tears fell quickly down the brunette's face, racing for the inevitable fall. A quick death is better than holding on to that pathetic hope.

He made eye-contact with the older again. "But it... while we talk it'll- you know..." he protested. Phil sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Wilbur, you stood outside my door at two in the morning, shaking. You told me you didn't feel so good and then passed out. We took you to the hospital and unsurprisingly; you barely had anything in you to keep the body alive."

The boy looked at the blonde's face, seeing tears slowly moving down and his face going red as he tried to hold back sobs.

"You... we could've lost you Wilbur. Forever." he admitted. Wilbur let the words sink in, and he suddenly realised how far this whole thing had gone. He was always in denial of the fact that it was a problem.

He didn't eat because he wanted people to look at him and see something beautiful, for Phil and Techno to be able to show him off as something they were proud of.

Yet here he was, laying in a hospital bed as the only man he had ever felt safe with sitting beside him, crying tears of what appeared to be relief yet burning agony. Guilt flowed through Wilbur's body, painting his brain a mocking periwinkle.

"I'm sorry..." he began. Phil looked up at him, confusion written all over. "I thought that maybe if- if I didn't eat then maybe you and Techno could... uhm... be proud of me?" The man stayed silent, not being able to speak. 

Both males' heads moved to the side as the door swung open, a tired looking Techno with dark eyebags entering. His gaze landed on Wilbur, yet his usual smile never formed. His expression was unreadable. 

"Wilbur." his tone was cold yet the softest anyone had ever heard it before. Wilbur gulped, feeling nervous and unsure of the others reaction. Would he hit him, say that he was overreacting? Or would he mock him for the feeding tube, for the fact that he wasn't strong enough and gave in?

He tensed up as his brother approached him. To his surprise he was wrapped in a hug. At first he struggled, but eventually forced himself to somewhat relax. He was still very unsure about this touch thing.

"Techno... c-could you uhm... not... touch me right now?" Wilbur whispered. Techno let go and stood back, a silent apology being spoken.

The Watsons both looked at the boy with sadness. Wilbur's eyes flickered between the two people, looking for anger in any of them, especially Phil.

The door opened and a nurse walked in, a plastic smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. "William, great to see you awake. How are you feeling? Gave us quite a scare."

Wilbur looked down at his trembling hands, mind wandering to the feeding tube. He wanted to answer that he was fine, but also yell at them. They were the one ruining his process, the ones destroying him.

But no words were spoken. He tried, but couldn't.

"He feels okay. Not too happy about the feeding tube, but he's okay. I think." Phil answered in his place. The nurse raised an eyebrow at this but nodded. 

"William will have to stay here for a few days until he's stable again. After that it's up to you Mr. Watson and William to decide what you should do. We can recommend an eating disorder centre an hour away."

Wilbur's head shot up, glaring at the nurse and then Phil with panic. "N-no! You can't send me away! Wh-what if they- you don't know them!" He shrieked.

Phil's eyes gleamed with sympathy. "No, it would probably do him no good. We can manage at home." he said.

Wilbur sent him a thankful smile.

Thank you so much for all the reads, it means so so much!

Take care, I appreciate you!

- Bread