Chapter three - Home

TWs

Issues with body image

The next time Wilbur woke up it was 06.04. He groaned as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. After putting on one of the outfits he looked at himself in the mirror. He looked good in the yellow sweater, black jeans and brown jacket. Slowly he gripped the shirt, lifting it up to check his body.

His ribs were visible, but so was his belly. It wasn't completely flat, his mother wouldn't be happy. Maybe if he sucked it in a bit, yeah that would work. But if Phil wanted him to eat breakfast, he would need to prepare a lie.

Wilbur walked downstairs, Techno nowhere in sight, only Phil sitting at the table. He looked up seeing a tired brunette approaching him. "Hey mate, how are you feeling?" his voice as soft as cotton. Wilbur anxiously looked up at him, and Phil's smile dropped. The younger looked at the table full of fooditems, his stomach screaming in hunger and his brain screaming for him to run.

"Will, could you sit down? It doesn't have to be here, we could move to the sofa." Wilbur, without a word, sat down on a chair, his eyes still glaring at the appealing food. He didn't consider himself having an eating disorder, he was just not allowed to eat. "Wilbur, would you mind telling me about your relationship with food? You look anxious." 

Wilbur gulped and looked at Phil. "Oh, uh, well... I like food, I really do. I'm just not allowed to eat unless mum and dad serves me dinner, sir." at the end of the sentence he was no longer keeping eyecontact, his gaze instead resting on his hands. Phil's heart broke at this. "Why are you only allowed one meal? And what happens if you do eat anything else?"

"Well I- they- it's... complicated. They don't want me to gain weight." First now Phil noticed how skinny the boy was. His cheekbones slightly visible, wrists small and eyes tired. "And well, if I do eat anything else they don't allow me dinner for like- two days. And they sometimes, uh, give me a punishment." the other could guess what kind of punishment Wilbur would recieve.

Phil slowly put his hand out facing down, letting Wilbur see that it meant no harm. Wilbur tensed up, but allowed the hand getting closer, which ended up grasping his own. "Your worth is not determined by your weight or looks. You deserve food, whenever and whatever you feel like. I don't know what they told - or taught - you, but it's not the truth nor healthy" Phil's eyes gleamed with compassion. Wilbur pulled his hand back, no, what his parents told him was completely fair.

Wilbur's voice was weak and quiet. "I should get going, I need to go home and get ready for school..." he didn't want to, a beating was probably waiting for him. Or worse, his mom. Phil tried his best not to cry, he couldn't let his son go back there. Because despite knowing Wilbur for less than 24 hours, he still considered him his son.

"Wilbur, no, I-" his voice broke. "I can't let you go back there. Can't we maybe, I don't know, get you to stay here?" Wilbur was shocked. No one had ever actually wanted him there, let alone expressed it. He couldn't just start living with some random man, that would be weird. Wilbur shook his head and whispered no.

"May I be exused?" Wilbur asked, not daring to look up at Phil. A small yeah could be heard and Wilbur stood up and walked up the stairs. He first went into the bathroom, picked up his clothes and put them on. He then went back downstairs to see a red eyed Phil holding his car keys.

As they sat in the car Phil was glancing at him every few seconds. " So uh, Will, we're by the beach now. What way is home?" Wilbur whimpered slightly at the thought. He started giving directions and they eventually stopped outside of a grey house.

They both stepped out and stood outside of the door. "Right then. Please, be careful alright. It was nice having you over, and I hope you didn't mind." Wilbur's hesitance to enter the house was as clear as day. "How about one last hug?" Phil smiled and Wilbur looked at him. He knew that the second he entered the house there would only be pain again. He wanted a good memory of touch.

Phil stretched his arms out slowly, waiting for Wilbur to initiate the hug. Wilbur took a step forward and this time, immediatley melted into the touch. It was as nice as the last time.

The two eventually parted and said goodbye. Wilbur waited for Phil to leave before entering. The house was quiet, no sign of life. Maybe his parents haden't woken up yet. He took his shoes off. 

One step inside the house, silence, two steps, silence, three steps, slience. He exited the hall. A hand gripped his wrist and he was slammed into the stairs. He looked up to see his father, anger written all over his face. Yet no alcohol smell.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! So this one was a bit shorter, but hopefully you don't mind. 

- Bread