Chapter 22 - Wanna talk about it?

Bro I literally slept for over 13h straight, what is this. (this was written so long ago btw)

TWs

Talk of past abuse

Techno sat down at the chair by Wilbur's desk, the other on his bed. "So. You want to talk about it?"

Wilbur looked down at his hands, nodding. 

"Can I ask questions?"

Wilbur nodded once again.

"Right, my first one is, you always seem to have nightmares, what are they about?"

Wilbur sighed.

"It's me reliving... things. From my uh, my past." he sniffled. He still remembered the kicks on his body, how his father's hard leather shoes felt when they reached his torso. A grimace painted his face.

"I'm sorry..." Techno said before continuing. "And next question; what like, you know, causes your eating disorder?" He knew this was a risky question, he was stepping on thin ice. 

But to this surprise Wilbur opened his mouth, as if he was building up strength. "My father and mother always, or well mostly my father, used to make comments about my body and weight. I was only allowed one meal a day, and they had to measure it up for me. And now, it just sticks with me."

Techno took a deep shaky breath. They're definitely going to have to change loads of things. His mind went to the scale they had in the bathroom. That had to go. What else? They didn't exactly have any other danger objects in their house and Wilbur was already on a feeding plan.

A sob pulled him out of his thoughts, he looked up to see the other with tears streaming down his face. 

His hands had found his wrists, itching away.

"Hey, hey, let's not do that, okay?" he slowly stood up, slowly making his way towards his brother, arms stretched out to show that he meant no harm. Wilbur struggled against the soft grip, he needed something to take his mind off things, why wasn't Techno letting him do that?

"I know this is stressful, but let's find another coping skill. Your guitar? You like that." Techno said, a desperate attempt to stop Wilbur from hurting himself. He made his way over to the guitar. 

"P-please don't touch it..." Wilbur begged from behind him. 

Techno nodded and stepped away. "Thank you..."

Wilbur made a move, grabbed the guitar, and sat back down. "Want me to play anything specific?"

Techno shook his head. 

Wilbur thought for a bit, before slowly starting to play. It was a song he had begun creating with Sally. Of course it wasn't perfect, it had been a few years, but he still remembered the most.

"Damn, you got talent man." Techno nodded; he was impressed. "Mind if I look at it?" Wilbur scootched back. He pressed the guitar against himself, shaking his head.

Techno put his hands up. "That's okay, I promise. Is uh... is there anything I should know of?"

Did Wilbur really feel like telling? What if it gave them any ideas? He silently nodded.

Techno sat down beside him, offering a hug. Wilbur was hesitant, but eventually leaned into it. It felt safe to finally be back in his brother's arms. 

"My old guitar - I called her Sally - was uhm... destroyed. And so I... I'm extremely protective of it." Wilbur began. He didn't know how to continue; he didn't want to. 

But as Techno started playing with the others hair he calmed down. Tears fell down his cheeks. "My uh... he was drunk one day. I was playing, quietly if you ask me. And he didn't like that so he... he 'hurt' me with it."

"Oh god." Techno mumbled.

"He broke it. It was barely wooden chips left, had splinters for at least a month." he let out a sad laugh and the hug was tightened.

"I'm sorry, so fucking sorry..." Techno sobbed.

"It's not your fault Techno, you couldn't have done anything."

"But we could've... We knew about... everything... but we still let you go back. We could've told the police... You wouldn't have that stab wound or those scars if we'd just done something!" Wilbur whimpered when he raised his voice, the other whispering a 'sorry'. 

"You didn't know it was that bad." Wilbur argued. Techno sighed, he still felt guilty. 

Wilbur leaned into the touch in his hair, it felt good. His entire body felt warm from the hug, breathing got heavier as his mind turned light.

"Wilbur?" 

He jolted awake. It was Phil. When had Techno left? 

"Sorry, I was just checking up."

Wilbur sat up looking around him. "T-techno, where- where's Techno?" He felt panic building up.

"Wilbur, hey, can you look at me? Techno's just getting ready for bed, he's coming right in. I was just thinking maybe you'd also like to prepare?" The younger nodded before standing up and heading towards the door.

"And hey? I'm proud of you son. So proud of you for everything. The eating, making up with Techno, just... everything." Phil said. A smile formed on Wilbur's face, and he nodded.

Phil was... proud? "T-thank you... Phil." 

He wanted to say the word, that one word that had been used for the wrong person. But he couldn't bring himself to say it. It hurt too much, because what if it unlocked some twisted side of the other. 

He entered the bathroom, making a mental note that Techno had his stuff downstairs. He brushed his teeth, did his business before making his way back to his room.

He was so incredibly tired. Upon entering the room, he noticed Techno already sitting back in the bed, scrolling mindlessly on his phone.

Wilbur sat down next to him. 

"Will you be okay for the night?" Techno asked. 

Wilbur felt the growing loneliness come back, the heavy sensation in his heart. Being alone from the start was manageable, but being left alone? That was the worst thing ever.

"Y-yeah, sure. I'll uh, I'll be okay..."

Techno scoffed. "That's a no then." 

Wilbur's head shot up. "W-what do you mean? I said I'll be fine!"

The other looked at him with a deadpanned face and raised eyebrow. "Well, first of all you zoned out before saying no, you didn't sound sure. Second of all you got defensive and raised your voice, you never do unless you feel like you need to defend yourself."

Wilbur almost laughed. This guy knew him better than himself. 

"But if you want me to leave I will, or I can stay. We can easily get a mattress in here. I really don't mind." Techno offered. Wilbur nodded, yeah. That would be nice.

Techno came back a few moments later with everything he needed. The two boys got ready before turning the lights off and going to sleep.

If only they knew what kind of night it would be. When Wilbur felt alone everything could happen.

Wholesome brothers go brrr

- Bread