Lighting the Fire

Y/n's POV

I was watching Oscar and Ruby fight with the rest of the team. "Man, Oz wasn't kidding. Oscar's picking up on this stuff fast." Jaune said. Ruby knocked Oscar down and everyone winced. "That looked like a hard hit." I said. "Ha! Yes! I did it!" Ruby exclaimed. "Oscar?" she asked, suddenly concerned. There was a small moment of silence. "Why didn't you tell me?" Oscar exclaimed. Ozpin I thought to myself. Oscar got up and his eyes flashed yellow. That was a clear sign that Ozpin had taken control. "Not bad, Miss Rose, but Oscar doesn't have the years of training that you do. Or I do." Ozpin said. He activated his aura and that got my attention. "Let's see how this goes." I muttered under my breath. "Oh. Well, uh, maybe we should take a break." Ruby said nervously. Ozpin got some good hits in and knocked Ruby down. Ruby got angry and tried to hit Ozpin but he nimbly dodged and countered. "Ouch." Nora said as we all cringed. "The next time you want to throw a left cross remember to push off with the appropriate foot. And as always, do be aware of any openings." Ozpin said. "Got it." Ruby said weakly. Oscar was given back control and fell to his knees. Ruby got up. "Hey! Are you okay?" Ruby asked Oscar as she ran to his side. "How is this so exhausting?" Oscar said. "Your body isn't used to this kind of training. Not to mention generating a defensive aura on your own. It takes intense concentration at first, but in time it will become second nature, allowing you to deflect attacks and gradually heal your wounds. After that, you can begin focusing on your semblance, whatever that may be." Ren said. "Semblance..." Oscar said. "You know! Like your very own superpower! Everybody's got one. It's just a matter of finding it and mastering it. Ruby can move super fast, electricity makes me stronger, Ren can mask emotions, and Jaune can, uh..." Nora said. "I... can't do it." Jaune said. "Jaune's like you!" Ruby said. "He hasn't found his semblance yet, but we all know he will. And you will too. We all just have to try and help each other get stronger." Ruby said. "Cool." Oscar said. "A common philosophy is that a warrior's semblance is a part of who they are. Some say your personality and character can define your semblance, while some claim that it's the other way around. Of course their are still many who don't see a connection at all." Ren said. "It's hard to know when you know, sometimes. Ren's semblance was unlocked from intense stress." Nora said. "And mine kicked in during training one day." Ruby said. "What about you?" Oscar asked Nora. "Oh. Stuck by lightning, didn't die. Crraaazy Thursday." Nora said. "Oh! Hey Y/n! What's your semblance?" Ruby asked me. "It's a little weird to explain, so let me show you." I replied. I used my semblance and everyone, except Oscar, stared at me in disbelief. "Try hitting one of my clones." I said. Ruby tried punching one of my clones but it vanished in a cloud of f/c smoke. I made my clones disappear. "Wow." Ruby said. I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. Everyone turned their attention back to Jaune and Oscar. "I just don't understand what's wrong with me. I train, I meditate." Jaune said. Ozpin took over Oscar. "Don't worry Mr. Arc. Your journey is far from over. And the same might be said for all of you. Unlocking your semblance isn't the end. You can still grow and evolve. Providing you're willing to put in the work, who knows what could happen." Ozpin said. "Then let's get back to it!" Ruby said.