The Lady in the Shoe

Y/n's POV

"We've fought giant monsters before. This is just a tiny old lady. With one very big robot." Ruby said. "You little spider roaches thought you could creep your way into Atlas? Well, let's see how your resolve holds out against the might of the Alisian military." Caroline said. She fired a missile at Weiss and Maria, but Ruby shot it down. "So be it!" Caroline said. Maria landed the ship behind us and Weiss jumped out and protected everyone. "That was close." Zeke said. "We need to figure out how to stop Cordovan and protect the airship until we do." Ruby said. "Let's give her more targets to focus on." Jaune said. "You mean us, don't you?" Nora asked. "Look at that thing. It's not designed for small enemies. It's probably meant for giant Grimm that come from deeper waters. We can turn our size into an advantage. We just have to be smart." Jaune said. "I can fly the ship. Y/n, take these. You're going to need them." Zeke said. He pulled the strings on his sword hilt and handed me his daggers, Submit and Surrender. "Great. Maria, you're moving to co-piolet. Zeke's going to fly." Ruby said. Zeke boarded the ship. "Well, he's not the only one who can get a bird's eye view." Qrow said. "You said you needed me on the ground?" Weiss asked. "Not exactly." Ruby said. Zeke flew off and everyone ran out from behind the wall. Oscar and I stopped just to confuse Caroline. I put the daggers in power mode and threw one at the mech. It circled back around and I caught it. Caroline readied a missile. I saw what, rather who, it was aiming for. Oscar. I took the daggers out of power mode and stuck them on my belt with my knifes. I sprinted toward Oscar and shoved him back behind the wall Weiss made. The missile blew up right in front of me and everything went black.

Oscar's POV

Y/n flew back and slammed hard into a tree. Her aura showed and then disappeared. "No!" I yelled as I ran toward her. Jaune right was behind me. Apparently Zeke saw and landed right next to us. We got in. Jaune put Y/n down on one of the seats and started to boost her aura. "Y/n is down! I repeat, Y/n is down!" Zeke said. I took the daggers from Y/n's belt and set them next to Zeke's sword, which leaning against his chair. They magnetized themselves back onto his sword hilt. I sat down right next to Y/n and grabbed her hand. "What happened to her?" Maria asked me. "I'm not quite sure myself. A missile was aiming for me, but the next thing I know I'm behind the wall and Y/n is flying backward, unconscious." I said. I told her to let me protect her instead. I thought to myself. That's when Y/n's eyes started to open.

Y/n's POV

I woke up in the airship. Oscar was sitting next to me, holding my hand. Zeke dropped Jaune off back on the ground. I was slouched so I sat up, but I had to stop halfway through due to a stabbing pain in my back. I winced. "Here, let me help you." Oscar said. He was carful to not cause me anymore pain as he helped me sit up. "Thanks." I said. "We're going in." Zeke said. He flipped a few switches and we zoomed off. A missile fired and the mech caught it and threw it back. It exploded and we started to spin.